• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

As expected small box

Looks interesting bringing more pain to the humble adventurer with a new burning land dynamic a way of cleaning up the board?

Also new land cards can change the type of terrain you are landing on. I really like both dynamics so far

standard new cards and adventurers look forward to it.
Thoughts?

Link: http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4552

Edited by Lilikin, 17 December 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

I have three more ships than you so my opinion is twice as valid!!

#2 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

There goes my Orc Warlord & Whirling Dervish Characters that I designed, which amazingly had special abilities very similar to the characters in the new expansion lol

• Lilikin likes this

#3 Patriarch

Patriarch

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Looks good - the burn mechanic looks interesting.  And always nice to have more characters.

Is the Ifrit mechanism for joint Strength/Craft that you have to fight it with your lowest score?

#4 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

How happy to Hear!

Hurry.....

#5 arkiva

arkiva

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Nice...!

And waiting for the next big box expansion being finally the so dear Forest Region...!  :)

Edited by arkiva, 17 December 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#6 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Merry Christmas us!!!

So glad this was announced after such a long wait since The City. Lots of exciting new mechanics in this expansion I feel - including the chance to change the actual board itself with these terrain cards - Fantastic!

Roll on 2014  :D

Edited by adjogi, 17 December 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

www.njtalisman.com

#7 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Looks interesting.  Packed full of new Adventure Cards and looks like it will make the game more difficult, which is not a bad thing :)

#8 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

I just called and told a friend. He told me he knew an expansion was coming in March. I asked how did he know. He said a game store told him. I said the world had no news and you were holding out on us?

• Lilikin likes this

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#9 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

I just called and told a friend. He told me he knew an expansion was coming in March. I asked how did he know. He said a game store told him. I said the world had no news and you were holding out on us?

I knew a new expansion was coming the day after the The City was released.  Because it's FFG, and Talisman is high-profile enough to justify keeping going.

They're not going to stop until they've got the four corner boards covered, at a minimum.  After that, time will tell.

#10 Johonasen

Johonasen

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

SO excited!  Im surprised it is a small box expansion but that's just awesome and means there is more  and more to come.  Keep up great job FFG!

#11 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I need to look it over again, and of course future previews, but it does make me wonder; Ifrits are some sort of Elemental/Spirit type beings - of Fire.

Perhaps an oceany, watery Elemental(s) will be the theme of a future small set, with 'ocean' 'lake' or 'sea' type terrain cards?

#12 guillaumetexas

guillaumetexas

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

woah, this looks like fun. I did not expect an expansion at all, and certainly nothing that looked like this. Congrats FFG!

Still, makes my copy of Relic even more expansion-less.

#13 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

Excited when I saw the news on Facebook!
Only issue I have is that I acquired a small box big enough to fit all the adventure cards. Looks like I may have to get a bigger box.

#14 Captain Clegg

Captain Clegg

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

Great news! Nice thematic change! I've seen a lot of threads asking for culture variations and here we have it! Hope the new rules are not too much of a weight. Thanx FFG!

PS. It's a Talisman only phenomenon I believe to start discussions on further future expansions the day one is announced. It's never enough! It's Talisman!

#15 Thernand

Thernand

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

This is great news.  Only issue I have is they are adding adventure cards which means to me is as long as you hang out in the other regions this new feature is meaningless.  The triggers for it lie in the adventure cards.

#16 Mind Robber

Mind Robber

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

Can the Warlord choose to take followers using their normal ability (and how to mark this?) or does she only take them as conscrips?

#17 Patriarch

Patriarch

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Can the Warlord choose to take followers using their normal ability (and how to mark this?) or does she only take them as conscrips?

Her abilities say "may", so it's optional. Some followers are clearly better than +1 Strength, but some (like the Hag) you will definitely want to conscript.   

Easiest way to mark it may be to spin the card 180 degrees.  

Once it's a conscript the actual card text on the follower is rarely going to matter.  Alternatively you could stuff the cards near the "strength" area of the character card.

#18 Talismaniac

Talismaniac

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Nice, me likey likey! The new mechanics sound like fun, new characters seem great and I like the whole "middle eastern" feel to all of it. I sent FFG an e-mail a month back, they said they had nothing in the pipeline, those dirty rotten liars.  :D It's definitely about time we get something new, not that we're entitled to it or anything, FFG are for sure spoiling us when it comes to expansions for this great game.

#19 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

A new Talisman expansion is really good news for Christmas :)

This is great news.  Only issue I have is they are adding adventure cards which means to me is as long as you hang out in the other regions this new feature is meaningless.  The triggers for it lie in the adventure cards.

That's typical of small box expansions, I think. They add Adventure Cards so the new features are mostly seen while on the base game board. Blood Moon did a good job against dilution with global Lunar Events and Time Card, but I think we have to see Firelands' full content and play it in order to know how much it affects the game.

There are also Spells and Alternative Endings, if you check the expansion contents in the Product Line page; the new mechanics will be surely included in those cards too.

Edited by The_Warlock, 19 December 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#20 talismanisland

talismanisland

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

I've put another little sneak peek of art on Talisman Island for you to ponder over...

I'll see about putting one up from The Nether Realm tomorrow if time allows!

• Captain Clegg likes this
Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS