Patrol Wagon

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Let's suppose i want to go to the woods and there's a monster in a street blocking my way. When i have the patrol wagon, can i go to the woods without having an encounter with this monster (like a teleport)? Or i must have an encounter with this monster because i need to trace a route even when i have the patrol wagon?

#2 ceridan13

ceridan13

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Yes you can. The Wagon simply relocates you.

Note, that using PW replaces your normal movement, so you can't spend movement points this turn, e.x. for reading tomes.

Also note, that expansions have locations unaccessible for PW, such as Devil Reef, Yha'nthelei and Kingsport head locations...

• Tibs likes this

#3 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Can i read tomes while i'm in another dimension? Because you don't need movement points there. You simply move to the second location.

#4 Lee418

Lee418

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

Can i read tomes while i'm in another dimension? Because you don't need movement points there. You simply move to the second location.

No. Items that require movement points are unusable in Other World locations because page 8 of the rule book states:

"If an investigator is in an Other World at the beginning of the Movement Phase, he receives no movement points."

Basically you can't spend what you haven't got.

• Julia likes this

#5 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Posted Today, 03:37 AM

Yes you can. The Wagon simply relocates you.

Note, that using PW replaces your normal movement, so you can't spend movement points this turn, e.x. for reading tomes.

Also note, that expansions have locations unaccessible for PW, such as Devil Reef, Yha'nthelei and Kingsport head locations...

But once i get the patrol wagon, can't i read tomes anymore? Or can i choose each turn if i want to move using my normal movement points instead of using the patrol wagon movement?

Edited by Nainphy, 15 December 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Patrol Wagon movement happens instead of normal movement. But the card states clearly "you may": it's not necessary that you use the PW every turn.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#7 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Thank you all for the answers. Now i know exactly how to use the patrol wagon. ^^

• Julia likes this

#8 Lee418

Lee418

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm still waiting to use the Patrol Wagon. :lol:

#9 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

You still enjoying Dunwich, Lee? :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS