• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 la1cajun

la1cajun

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm gonna be getting my descent copy in today but have been looking through rules and supplies and such and have noticed there is not much, that I can see, equipment to buy at shops and in each hero's general deck, unless I'm just seeing it wrong. Do they have enough gear for 3-4 heroes to obtain at good intervals between scenarios to last a whole campaign and to keep it interesting? from what I see it looks like you would be getting same equipment every time you play, but like I said, I don't have the game yet, I'm just going from what I see on number of cards in the different areas. Thanks.

#2 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Its enough.  With expansions you get even more.

You would be surprised by changing a weapon from blue+yellow to red+yellow dice or even just adding a extra heart for a surge can make.

#3 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

You get predetermined starting equipment, then in between quests all hereos have the opportunity to buy from a single pool of shop cards. Cards from the shopping deck are drawn at the start of a new campaign phase, 1 card per hero + 1 extra card; so in a 4 player game 5 shop cards are drawn unless a non-shop card specifies otherwise. You then can spend the gold you earnt so far in your journey to purchase any number of these 5 cards if you have the gold to afford them, the cost of each item is displayed on the shop item card.

There is also a completely separate and generally much more powerful shop deck for the second half of the campaign :) So it can be sometimes wise to save a few coin from the first act to buy more powerful items in the second act.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS