We played, even used Cain's OPG, but how 8 fuel for 10 distance possible? And yes I know we can change fuel at set up, but that's not the point here. Help!
BSG with Daybreak to Earth and all expansions, is 8 fuel enough?
Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:03 AM
Here are ten ways to make 8 fuel go 10 distance:
1. Scouting for fuel skill card action ("the purple 6").
2. Some Destination cards give an opportunity for adding fuel, by risking a raptor to roll a die.
3. Mission cards that give 1 or 2 distance if passed, no fuel needed.
4. "Legendary Discovery" crisis card that gives 1 distance if passed, no fuel needed.
5. There are some crisis cards that gain humans a fuel if passed.
6. Original Zarek has OPG that can turn 1 pop into 1 fuel.
7. Some destination cards are cheap on fuel, by losing other resources or adding cylon ships. Scout!!
8. Alternative Baltar can gain two fuel for 3 miracle tokens.
9. "Unsavory Connections" Quorum card can gain 1 fuel.
10. Use of "Preventative Policy" cards on turn that you jump, protecting 1 fuel.
- Mephisto666 likes this
Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:23 AM
We managed just fine on our first attempt to go 10 distance; it looked like a crushing Cylon victory when we had two Humans in the brig in 5-player when the second Cylon revealed right after Sleeper, but even the abundance of Mutiny cards didnt stop us. I dont think we could pull it off again if the same game was replayed, but its certainly possible. We didn't even have Cain to help us.
Edited by Skowza, 15 December 2013 - 02:24 AM.
Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:58 PM
Also not forgetting use of Doc / the rebel base star to repetedly dig into the tactics deck to repeat scout for fuel.
I was saw an Earth game played last week where the first jump was to the lions head nebula, leaving 7 distance for 4 fuel to travel! The humans won by hammering the repel base star with miracle tokens