Star Wars LCG and X-Wing Chicago IL

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shanks

Shanks

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I would like to star a regular play group for both of these games on a monthly basis. I am looking at pastimes hobbies in Niles to host us. If anyone is interested in playing either game about once a month hit me up here. Please let me know what your availability is like so we can pick the day that works best for everyone.

#2 cptmusket

cptmusket

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

This sounds great. I would be interested in either game and even both! I can usually make plans ahead of time for any day once or twice a month but Sundays aren't as good as others.

#3 Shanks

Shanks

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

This sounds great. I would be interested in either game and even both! I can usually make plans ahead of time for any day once or twice a month but Sundays aren't as good as others.

Sundays aren't the best for me but Saturday prolly is what I'll shoot for.

#4 Belly Runner

Belly Runner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hi Shanks,

I am totally interested in joining your group. I've been playing X-wing for a couple months but have never played the LCG and would like to start. Friday nights and Saturdays would be the best for me.

#5 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Hi Shanks,

I am totally interested in joining your group. I've been playing X-wing for a couple months but have never played the LCG and would like to start. Friday nights and Saturdays would be the best for me.

Where are you from. We have a group that meets in NW Indiana, right off of 80/94.

#6 Belly Runner

Belly Runner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

I live in Schaumburg IL. NW Indiana's not too far of a drive. Where and when does your group meet?

#7 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

I live in Schaumburg IL. NW Indiana's not too far of a drive. Where and when does your group meet?

We meet every Wednesday at Gotta Have It Collectibles in Lake Station, IN at 5:30 PM. 

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#8 Belly Runner

Belly Runner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

Great, thanks for the info! Driving to IN on weeknights will be a little tough but I should be able to make it out once and a while. Thanks again.

#9 cptmusket

cptmusket

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

So is the Pastimes night dead?

#10 Shanks

Shanks

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

So is the Pastimes night dead?

Sorry guys I haven't check this post in a while because I simply wasn't getting a lot of interest working msg board forums. I instead started just going to any and all FFG star wars events in a reasonable driving distance so that I could meet players face to face. This process is obviously a lot longer and more work but I feel like it gets the best results.

I am happy to announce that actually it does indeed work a lot better. All the events at pastimes are still happening and our first event is for X-Wing Sunday March 2nd registration at Noon with a 1:00 P.M. start. Our first SW: The Card Game event will be Sunday March 16th again with Noon reg. and 1:00 P.M. start. Entry fee for either event will be $5 with store credit and official FFG game night kit promos for prizes. We will also be demoing X-Wing and Star Wars LCG for anyone who wishes to learn the game. Anyone who demos either game will get 20% of any X-Wing or SW: the card game purchases. If you have any questions feel free to post here or send me a private msg and I can add you to our facebook group for all of our future events.

#11 Shanks

Shanks

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

I just wanted to say a big Thank you to everyone who came out for our first Star Wars Miniatures event ever! We had 12 players in the event and 6 new players who demoed the game. The event was a blast and we look forward to seeing everyone again at the Store Championships Sunday March 16th (Noon Reg 1 P.M. Start $5 entrance fee). Prizes for the event will be all of the promos from the Championship Kits as well as Store Credit. If you are new the game feel free to demo the game and play afterwards the events are far more fun than they are competitive. We have a great group of players who would love to help you play the game.

#12 Shanks

Shanks

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

I just wanted to say thank to you everyone who came out for the Store Championships this past Sunday at Pastimes. I don't work for pastimes, I just have a huge passion for all things Star Wars especially these great games. I organize these events for all those people out there who love to play Star Wars games like I do! With that being said we had 14 players that battle it out over 3 exciting and fun rounds of X-Wing. Congratulations to Glen Zaroski for winning our first ever Store Championships, you flew masterfully Sir. Here are a few Images of the event and I hope to see as many new players as well as returning players for our next event on Sunday April 6th. Registration is at noon and the event will begin at 12:30 P.M. with a $5 entry fee and we will be playing 3-4 rounds of swiss depending on the number of participants. The format will be 100 point squads. Any questions feel free to email me here or message me.

1505280_678403545532300_1619253076_n.jpg

923520_678404938865494_1416184497_n.jpg1978802_678404745532180_711754296_n.jpg1970415_678404808865507_2035235848_n.jpg

Edited by Shanks, 20 March 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#13 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

Not sure if you guys are aware or interested, but there is a Star Wars LCG regional event this weekend in Plainfield.

http://www.meetup.co...ents/170980642/

I think the event starts at noon. Hope to see you there.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS