Photo

Any chance for a revision of Black Goat of the Woods?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Not that I'm holding my breath for it, as it seems that Arkham is on it's way to the back seat for newer, shinier projects, but does anyone else think a revision of Black Goat of the Woods might be a good idea, seeing as how terrible it is?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

Dunno. Honestly, I really hope not. After such a long hyathus since the release of MH & CotDP revised, I'd welcome with more enthusiasm something new (Yig related small expansion, for instance) rather than the revision of something old.

The BGotW Herald for me is fine; but in case, there's a brilliant reversion designed by Avi some time ago. Cult Encounters are lame, but fixing them will require redisgning the whole concept of infiltrating cult activities, so, better a new expansion focused on STL or Esoteric Order of Dagon.

Just my two cents, anyway

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Kong-lin

Kong-lin

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

I have to agree with Julia, but I don't think we will see any more expansions for AH (not for a long time anyway, when they decide to do a new edition of the game)

#4 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

I would love a Sliver Lodge Expansion.   Or how about just mini packs of new encounter cards?

#5 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

You could make your own, in digital form, encounters. Maybe have more than 1 person contribute to them, so there are always surprises hidden in the decks...

What program do you think would be the best for doing this? Like something that lets you randomly choose an image file created with Strange Eons.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS