Photo

Regarding Alternate Realities and how to use them in Anima...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Xamusel

Xamusel

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Okay, seeing as this is a lore question I felt like asking, I decided to fire away. Does anyone here on the site know about how to incorporate alternate realities (that don't include The Wake)? I mean, I know there's a bit of something in the core rulebook, but I don't remember all of it.

Also, I only have the Revised Core Rules, the first Campaign setting book, the Ki book and the first Monster Manual, so any references to other books need to be thoroughly explained.

#2 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking how to incorporate  places like Lunaris into the game, or something else?

#3 Xamusel

Xamusel

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Er, kinda. I had read somewhere that there was a place that had access to alternate worlds, but the Powers in the Shadows didn't want access to it to fall onto the laps of the populace. I think it was a rulebook that had it, but I don't remember, unfortunately.

I remember that this place was like a clocktower of some sort... honestly, that's the best I can think about it, unfortunately.

#4 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ah, Yggdrasill. Anywho, the other two places are Khalis and Lunaris, and there are also an untold number of "worlds" that are actually in the Barrier. Little is know about Khalis and Lunaris besides what is in the book, but (from what I have heard) there is a book to be made (eventually) about the two worlds. However, if you wanted to access any of the worlds, I would suggest either:

A) The characters are sailing in such a way that they would have to cross the Barrier, and would instead travel through it.

B) Find the Barrier in the Wake, and have the characters figure out how to get through it.

#5 Xamusel

Xamusel

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

Oh? Okay. That makes sense now.

Still... not a lot of info on Yggdrasil, either, right?

#6 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

The only things that we know are

A) We really don't want it to ring.

B) Neither do Ciel and Gaira.

C) It has an artifact associated with it that can create and destroy as the wielder pleases.

D) Even the Powers in the Shadow cannot explore it much before the team goes missing.

#7 Xamusel

Xamusel

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Okay. Wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the clarification.

#8 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

No probs.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS