A missed opportunity?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

In the recent Holiday Sale I picked up the Haarlock Trilogy bundle. What I didn't know was that I was merely purchasing a new copy of the three seperate adventures and not a combined book containing all the adventures. Mind you I'm not angry I didn't realize what I was purchasing and should have investigated more.

Hower it raises a question, why didn't they take this opportunity to do something neat like combine all three adventures into one book and throw House of Dust and Ash in there as well since it's the precursor the trilogy and just make it all look nice and neat?

I'm just expressing a sadness that this could have been more and it wasn't.

#2 cps

cps

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Because having multiple versions of the same book is something publishers and retailers hate doing for a variety of reasons (mostly cost and inventory). Same reason the DH1 rulebook doesn't have the errata edited into it by now.

#3 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

I can deal with no Errata core if they'd give us a complete errata but that's another issue entirely. Ah well buisness is buisness unfortunately.

#4 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hower it raises a question, why didn't they take this opportunity to do something neat like combine all three adventures into one book and throw House of Dust and Ash in there as well since it's the precursor the trilogy and just make it all look nice and neat?

Ah. By the looks of it, it was a clearance sale. "We have a pile of unsold copies of these. Let's bundle them, cut a tad off the price and see if we can sell them that way. Instead of just laying about here, taking up space."

#5 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ah. By the looks of it, it was a clearance sale. "We have a pile of unsold copies of these. Let's bundle them, cut a tad off the price and see if we can sell them that way. Instead of just laying about here, taking up space."

Not at all, they had the trilogy bundle up for a while on the actual product page and it was just sold out, while still selling copies of the individual adventures. They merely made more bundles for the holiday sale.

#6 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

Not at all, they had the trilogy bundle up for a while on the actual product page and it was just sold out, while still selling copies of the individual adventures. They merely made more bundles for the holiday sale.

I was thinking of the bundle, not the holiday sale.

Sorry if that wsa unclear.

#7 cps

cps

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

I have the same trilogy pack. It's the three books with a card cover that the books fit into, shrink-wrapped. They didn't make it specifically for the sale, but they probably were bundled to clear out inventory years after they were first published.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS