Stealing Cards from Archives?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hwangman

hwangman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Just bought a core set and am preparing to play my first game w/a buddy. We're trying to figure out all the rules and I had a question about accessing the Corp's Archives. The rules say:

The Runner accesses all cards in Archives and any
upgrades in its root. The Runner turns all cards faceup before
accessing them, and does not need to keep them in order. The
Runner steals all agendas in Archives and cannot trash cards
that are already in Archives. After accessing Archives, all
cards in Archives return to Archives faceup.

The next portion of the rules states that any stolen agendas are taken out of Archives and placed on the Runner's side and scored. This is my confusion...it says that the Runner steals/takes all Agendas, but then returns them all. If they all get returned, how can the Runner hang on to them and score them?

#2 frybender

frybender

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Just bought a core set and am preparing to play my first game w/a buddy. We're trying to figure out all the rules and I had a question about accessing the Corp's Archives. The rules say:

The Runner accesses all cards in Archives and any
upgrades in its root. The Runner turns all cards faceup before
accessing them, and does not need to keep them in order. The
Runner steals all agendas in Archives and cannot trash cards
that are already in Archives. After accessing Archives, all
cards in Archives return to Archives faceup.

The next portion of the rules states that any stolen agendas are taken out of Archives and placed on the Runner's side and scored. This is my confusion...it says that the Runner steals/takes all Agendas, but then returns them all. If they all get returned, how can the Runner hang on to them and score them?

Only cards that were not stolen (everything but agendas) are returned to the archives face up. The agendas are stolen and put into the runner's score area

Edited by frybender, 10 December 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#3 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, the wording can be kind of confusing. Think of it this way: once you've stolen agendas, they are no longer "in Archives"; everything else still is "in Archives", even though the cards are technically in your hands. With that being the case, the last sentence is less confusing.

• Grimwalker and CommissarFeesh like this

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS