The Recent Exploits Thread

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

Matt or Caleb said in an email that "once per game" effects are on a per player basis so the combo mentioned above is legal. It seems a little OP and I wouldn't be surprised if his gets errataed somewhere down the road.

#42 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

That is ******* stupid.. omg. They have to fix that.

I am nearly 100% sure it used to be the other way around, as I asked in a email once to Nate about Landravol in multiplayer being able to save a Hero multipul times from different hands..

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#43 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

hmmm.... in fact he said the same thing...

Posted 26 January 2012

Q: - Landroval's ability, is it limited once a game per player? Or is it limited to once a game per-card? As in if you run 3 cards, can you use that ability 3 times, one for each card.

Also, if 2 players use Landroval, then can both players can activate their Landroval cards separately? I know you can only have 1 on the table at a time, but dose the "once per game" thing cover ALL players or only the player that controls the card. Lastly, we know that going into your hand dose not reset the "once per game" rule, but dose playing the card form your gravyard also not reset the ability? Thanks as always for giving us a defiant answer.

A: - Limits are player specific, each player can reach the limit.

"Per game" limits are not card specific, they refer to any copy of the effect under that player's control. If you have reached the "per game" limit, you cannot trigger that effect again, with another copy of the card in your deck, a copy of the card you gained control of from another player, or from the same card that has left play and re-entered the game.

Edited by booored, 17 February 2014 - 10:06 AM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#44 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, I agree it's surprising that it is legal.  I can confirm that Aragorn + Desperate Alliance is overpowered!  

• Glaurung likes this

#45 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Haven't had a lot of playtime lately, just went through and finished each of the Voice of Isengard quests once, then stopped altogether for awhile.  I had fun with the staging area attack decks that I put together for The Fords of Isen, though, and finally got around to putting those decks together again and took them against Journey Down the Anduin.  We destroyed the quest, probably the easiest time I've ever had playing that one.

Bard across the table from Dunhere is a fun little combo.  Bard with his Great Yew Bow can declare attacks via the bow's Combat Action -- which means he can attack out of usual turn order.  This means consistent debuffing of stronger enemies as needed, allowing Dunhere to apply the coup de grace each time.  I'm looking forward to taking these decks against some other enemy-heavy quests.

#46 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, I agree it's surprising that it is legal.  I can confirm that Aragorn + Desperate Alliance is overpowered!  

Sneak attack Gandalf and Leadership tome + Aragorn Desperate Alliance and other player. Looks like most powerful 2 combos in the game now 

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#47 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:34 AM

Sneak Attack and Gandalf are overpowered by themselves, even without leadership tome :lol:

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#48 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Sneak Attack and Gandalf are overpowered by themselves, even without leadership tome :lol:

yes sure. I think it will be big change for the game if Gandalf get errata : play from hand......but I dont think it will happen really...

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS