Bomb teleportation

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Brother_Trahaerne

Brother_Trahaerne

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

For teleportation of atomics or other big big badda-booms (like Novacannon warheads) I have simply houseruled that it is not possible and I found a satisfying "techno-babble" explanation for my players why it is that way.

Use of a teleportarium in 40k is usually described as producing a "teleportation flare" ... a burst of radiation, lightnings, the smell of ozone in the air. So the process of teleportation causes a lot of energetic interference which may destabilize things like huge plasma warheads or the densely packed plutonium of an atomic. Additionally, minute fluctuations of mass density in the teleported object may as well result in local critical mass and set off a catastrophic meltdown reaction of the atomic charge. This may emulate the intended effect of the teleportation attempt anyway if it happens inside the enemy's ship but the payload would also be subject to this energetic interference while still inside your teleportarium chamber.

If asked to perform such a foolhardy attempt every sane Techpriest (and I know there are not many of this kind on Rogue Trader ships) would quite likely answer your request with a litany of binary curses and obscenities...

• Nameless2all, Erathia, Annaamarth and 1 other like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS