• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Special Preliminary Gaming Night!

On Friday, January 24 we will be playing at another local store for some early action!

BluegrassMagic GameShop :: Google Directions

5629 Outer Loop, Louisville, KY 40219

(502) 964-1170

6:30PM to midnight

Bluegrass has Season 3 league kits available for so we can do casual or tournament play depending on what people want.

If you are coming from out of town and need a ride to and from the hotel please let me know ahead of time and I'd be glad to come get you!

I'm starting to get a head count and it looks like we could have between 20 - 25 participants! There are several long shots I'm not including in those numbers and if they come we could get to 30! If always wanted to play in a large Warhammer Invasion tournament don't miss out on what is shaping up to be the largest North American tournament ever!

Edited by Kaine82, 15 January 2014 - 11:23 AM.

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#22 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

Just received new that a guy will be flying in from Washington DC to play! This is going to be an awesome tournament!

• cparadis and sammann11 like this

#23 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

UPDATE ::

I had a couple of people ask and wanted to clarify the tournament start time:

Signups start at 12PM and the Tournament starts at 1PM

• sammann11 likes this

#24 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Several people have expressed interest in multiplayer. If you have a multiplayer specific deck be sure an bring it in case we have time to play!

#25 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Thanks again Kaine, cparadis, and all you Louisville guys! We had a blast coming out there! And remember - to quote that family from another "game" - "What is dead may never die!!!"

• Kaine82 likes this

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

#26 Rodzyn

Rodzyn

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

How it went guys? Hope you had awesome tournament! Any report incoming?

#27 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

I think Kaine will post the winning deck soon - I hope ;)

There was 13 of us:

2 Dwarfs (my slayers and Kaine's development/"Stand Your Ground" deck - a variation of this: http://deckbox.org/sets/447216)

2 Lizardmen

2 Empire (both control/bounce decks)

1 High Elf (Indirect damage deck)

1 Chaos (Corrupt/control deck)

3 Orcs (2 odd/even decks and one I'm not sure how to categorize)

1 Skaven (rush)

Can't remember what the 13th guy played - but interestingly enough no Wurrzag or DE (or Undead or WE).

There was a tone of fun loot/prizes as promised!

I played this Dwarf deck: http://deckbox.org/sets/574513

The trick is to get developments out (and gain the benefit of Mining Tunnels) and get either a Serpent Slayer with 3 developments in your battlefield (using at least 1 Dance to Loec) or Frenzied Carnasour out there on turn 2.

I "technically" went 2 - 2 (in my last match we had each won one and I was ahead in the third game when they called official time. Though, since neither of us had a shot at advancing to the final 4 we just played it out and he came back! So I kind of went 1-3 unofficially).

I went 6 - 5 in individual games (4 matches: 1-2, 1-2, 2-0, 2-1) and I think I went 6 - 3 in "unofficial" games for the day.

4 of us finished the day off by playing a variant of multiplayer - a non-fulcrum team battle of 2 vs 2, Order vs Chaos. My Dawrf deck and Kaine's Alith Anar HE deck vs Brayheard and Control Chaos decks. We went 1 - 1.

It was a blast!!!

#28 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

13 players - no wonder Skaven won :P (also no DE and no dwarf "my life" decks which both are hard counters to rats.)  

Also why only 4 rounds?

#29 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

The last player was a dwarf deck, not sure what type. With only 13 players we had a top 4 after four rounds. The other dwarf player was 4-0 and we had four 3-1 players.

Edited by cparadis, 31 January 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#30 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

Cparadis,

4 - 0 for those other dwarfs? Man, nice! I never played him. Kaine, you think you can post all the decks used? I'd be interested to see. Also, that Empire deck that was not Cparadis' I heard was cool but never really heard/saw how it worked.

#31 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

oh, and Cparadis - I'm still haunted by those Van Klumpf Buccaneers in my sleep! Vicious little bastards!

• cparadis likes this

#32 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Sorry, I've been crazy busy with school stuff.

I left the deck lists at the store and don't get a chance to go to Something2Do as much as I would like lately.

Sean, can you post your list?

• sammann11 likes this

#33 SeanXor

SeanXor

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Sean, can you post your list?

Here is the deck I used:

Units

Rat Swarm x6

Clan Moulder Elite x 3

Clan Rats x3

Clanrat Clawleader x3

Giant Rats  x3

Night Runner x3

Swarm of Bats x2

Greyseer Thanqual x2

Deathmaster Sniktch x2

Support

Warpstone Excavation x3

Skyre District x3

Screaming Bell x3

Paranoia x3

Tactics

Chittering Horde x3

Death in the shadows x2

Warpstone Experiments x3

Quests

We Hates them All x3

The goal of the deck is to go fast. My goal was to create a deck that would very reliably burn a zone on turn two. The deck has multiple ways to do this. The deck can be seen here One of the strengths to this deck is that the skaven draw 2 cards by default but only have two starting resources. My hope was to always start with Warpstone Excavation (to overcome my resource deficiency) or Chittering Horde (giving me up to five extra cards on turn 1). If i did not get one of those two cards in my starting hand, I would usually mulligan. I had decent luck this day. I ended up going second quite a bit and on several occasions I started with one of those two cards and then drew the other on my starting two card draw. My favorite combo which I think I pulled off twice was attacking with Clanrat Claw Leader. This card allows another Skaven to be put into play for free (as long as it has cost 2 or less), but that card goes away at the end of the turn. I used that card to bring the Night Runner into play, and then I would play one or (ideally) two Warpstone experiments on the Nightrunner. This allowed me to attack for a good deal of damage. Then after damage was assigned but before it was applied, I would use the nightrunner action and corrupt to deal indirect damage. 

• Kaine82 and sammann11 like this

#34 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

SeanXor - after getting smoked by your deck I promptly went home and bulit a similar one! It's not quite as fast as yours but it works pretty similar:

http://deckbox.org/sets/574666

They key/trick is to hopefully draw Warpstone Excavation early. If you can get Clan Rat Claw Leader out first turn you can put into play a Rat Swarm then use Warpstone Experiments on that Rat Swarm since he has to be sacrificed anyway. There’s 4 damage off the bat. Works even better if you’re holding 2 Warpstone Experiments.

Another way is to get Skryre District out in your Kingdom on your first turn along with Warpstone Excavation. The next turn you can get a few units out. By the third turn hopefully you have dropped a few Rat Swarms into your Kingdom (corrupted). Now you spend all 5 on Queek Headtaker, drop any multiple units for free, then sacrifice your corrupted Rat Swarms (or maybe 1 or 2 others) to play Hellpit Abomination. If you’re holding another one you can drop him for free because of Queek’s ability. This works really well if you can draw these cards (which is easier with the 2 power in the quest and now Warpstone Excavation not being limit 1 per deck – this also helps Vermintide go off easier).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS