Jump to content



Photo

Seeds of Heresy (Play-by-Post) INPLAY


  • Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

#1 GauntZero

GauntZero

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

This thread will be used for INPLAY online.

 

Offplay information and discussion in the offplay thread please.

 

Post your character information in the characters thread.

 

Post personal / secret information in pm to the GM please.


Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.


#2 GauntZero

GauntZero

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Abord the Relentless Victory, Inquisitor Daroth Laerd takes his time to see through a couple of dozens documents he got from his throne agents.

Aspirants - all more or less appropriate to be taken into his service.

There were too many leads to follow - he needed some new acolytes to support him with his tasks, even if it was only for minor ones.

 

His personal assistant Tharan Selentia entered the room.

"You sent for me, Mylord ?"

 

"Yes, Tharan. I want you to do something for me. Put together a cell of acolytes from these aspirants to send them Novabella. They shall investigate, if there is anything wrong, or if this is just a false lead.

They shall find out what this message of the Harvester-Prelate was all about - if they prevail, I shall take them into my full service."

 

After a short while without any response, he continued.

"That would be all."

 

"Yes, Mylord.", replies Tharan, takes the profiles and leaves the room.


Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.


#3 GauntZero

GauntZero

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

A man who called himself Tharan approached each one of you.

He said you were monitored throughout the last months and found to be at worth to be called into the service of his superior.

He didnt give you much chances for questions, but showed you a symbol that kind of washed away all the thoughts you had about having a real choice.

If you had superiors so far, everything was taken care of to transfer you into your new fields of responsibility.

 

That was just some weeks ago, but it feels to you as it years had passed since.

You were told truths that were too shocking to forget ever again.

And you received some basic training and equipment.

Afterwards you were handed out a description of what was expected from you from Tharan and you got a passage on a spacecraft to a far forgotten world.

 

You didnt really feel that you were seen as permanent assetts...more like being thrown into the cold water for others to see if you can swim. And if not...well...only in death does duty end.

 

You are travelling to Novabella, a planet that was "forgotten" by the administratum for about 2 decades (however this could have happened; the responsible adept for this accident will be one of you to redeem for his fault).

 

Your Mission Objectives are:

> investigate the hints given by the prelate

> if there is some hidden heresy on this planet - find and neutralize it

 

Attached is the lost note of the prelate from Novabella, which just recently was found within old documents from the sectors Archbishop (who died some weeks ago) - it must have been lost as long as Novabella.

 

 

To My Most August Archbishop Zedikiah:
 

I can only beseech your lordship for aid, as I am surrounded with souls bereft of the Harvest-
Emperor’s spirit. None can be trusted, for I cannot be certain who remains loyal and who has fallen.
Foul things are stirring underneath the placid spirits of my people. Their smiles are false, and I know
their hearts have become corrupted. Our world lives to provide its bounty to others, and should its
offerings become tainted so would countless souls fall from the Emperor’s Grace.
I have served you and my world for many years, and know my people. My lord, you must trust me
when I say action is needed immediately. Only sanctified forces from your own orders can prevent
the spread of that which I dare not name, even under encryption to our Astropath, for even he I
grow suspicious of. Darkness is growing ever greater around me. These are not the ramblings of the
paranoid, these are the warnings of the vigilant against the Dark Forces we strive against each day.
Heed them and save my planet, I beg you. Novabella is a good world and deserving of the Emperor’s
protection, and I eagerly await His forces to come to our side.
Yours in Devotion to the Harvest-Emperor, Blessed be His Light

 

Ezzarth Felissimo
Harvester-Prelate

 

 

3 others are next to you, which you got to know a little during the past weeks:

 

All in all, 4 acolytes are starting this journey:

> Teagan "T" Terro, an Arbites Seeker

> Reginald Grimstone, a noble administratum Sage who is declared to be your superior for this mission
> Angevin Rynn, an imperial Guardsman Warrior

> Camyll Ronzoni, a void born Sage from the Administratum


Edited by GauntZero, 08 December 2013 - 09:55 AM.

  • Eisenhorn_Puritus likes this

Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.


#4 Felenis

Felenis

    Member

  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

I spend most of my time calmly maintaining my weapons and reading my uplifting primer during devotional periods. I've done this dance many times, with many different acolyte groups. Finally nearing the end of the journey I speak up

"Well, if we're going to be dying together, we might as well get to know each other. Angevin Rynn, 13th Maccabians. I've served the Inquisition for a long time. This everyone else's first mission?"

"Anyways, anyone up for a game of regicide? Passes the time wonderfully"
*pull the regicide board out of my vest


Edited by Felenis, 08 December 2013 - 10:21 AM.


#5 Nimsim

Nimsim

    Member

  • Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Reginald faces the group of men before him. He stands with a completely upright posture, his face belying no emotion.

 

When he first met these men weeks ago, he introduced himself by stating each of their names, backgrounds, physical characteristics, and even some of their equipment. Reginald obviously took great pride in having done this prior research on them, and ignored any sense of unease that he may have caused. Since that time, Reginald has spent his time individually speaking with the men, inquiring about any expertise they may possess that does not show up in his records, and insisting that they demonstrate their skills. Reginald constantly speaks about efficiency, standards, and codes while doing this. Not once has he ever uttered a sentence that could be confused for friendly conversation.

 

Reginald clears his throat now, and the sound is instantly amplified by his Laud Hailer Servo-Skull. Although passers-by cover their ears, the men before Reginald have gotten used to the painfully loud noise by this point.  Reginald stares at Angevin, who has pointedly ignored him up to this point.

 

"The schedule I provided you includes a code-mandated 2.3 minutes for leisure activities. Given the average length of a regicide game, by my calculations only 73% of a game will be completed by the time we reach our destination, making it an inefficient use of time given our calculated survival rate and chance of returning to complete the game. I have provided you with a list of effective uses of leisure time within your schedule. Also, I have not yet received the paperwork from any of you that I require to fully plan our schedule, which, according to aforementioned schedule, must be completed prior to all leisure activities."

 

Reginald stares at Angevin without emotion.



#6 Felenis

Felenis

    Member

  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

Angevin stares back bemused for a while.
"Right, well a few things to clear up. You are in charge of this mission. You are my superior officer. But that only pertains to mission relevant details. You can't order me around when we are off duty or direct my every action. My loyalty is to the Inquisition above all. When you've leaped out of a Valkyrie right into the maw of a Goalithian Dweller, then maybe I'll spend - *consults schedule which I actually am carrying, just in case* - 6 hours per day maintaining my Hellgun. Which, incidentally is more then even the Lathe manual recommends. And we all know how much they exaggerate."

"And besides, I don't think you'd last even 2.3 minutes against me in regicide"


  • GauntZero likes this

#7 Nimsim

Nimsim

    Member

  • Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Reginald's eyes light up in excitement. He happily addresses Angevin.

 

"You believe that the maintenance time for the hellgun can be decreased? What wonderful news! I expect a full report and demonstration of your proposed time for maintenance that I can forward to my administrators. I...you will be well-rewarded for this! Just think of the increases in efficiency you can provide for the Imperium. Every second counts, Angevin."

 

Reginald looks brightly at Angevin.


  • GauntZero likes this

#8 Eisenhorn_Puritus

Eisenhorn_Puritus

    Member

  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

The little Camyll eyes go from one fellow to the another, and smiles lightly.

 

"Thru I valuate good planning, easily we could be taking this first meeting too seriously, couldn't we, chumachos?. Little information we have about the other, so we could spend some time just chatting. It's a good idea to know tightly the people you're going to work with"

 

Nods to Reginald, and after that, picks up a piece of the regicide game. 

 

"Well, I could take that game, Rynn. 2.3 minutes of joy are better than none, aren't they?"


  • GauntZero likes this

#9 Felenis

Felenis

    Member

  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Angevin looks a little confused. Who hired this freakshow?

"Well, it's already fully in use in several regiments. And I can't imagine many other people needing the strip down and clean a hell gun. Those who do probably have money and time to spare to do it. Besides, wouldn't that be a job for the Muni and their adepts? I thought you were regular administratum."

"Listen, Reginald, sir. Why don't you head down and inspect the boiler room? I'm sure I saw some menials who weren't working up to their full potential"

He adds a little sarcastically to test how astute Reginald is. 



#10 Felenis

Felenis

    Member

  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

The little Camyll eyes go from one fellow to the another, and smiles lightly.

 

"Thru I valuate good planning, easily we could be taking this first meeting too seriously, couldn't we, chumachos?. Little information we have about the other, so we could spend some time just chatting. It's a good idea to know tightly the people you're going to work with"

 

Nods to Reginald, and after that, picks up a piece of the regicide game. 

 

"Well, I could take that game, Rynn. 2.3 minutes of joy are better than none, aren't they?"

Angevin smiles

"I don't think I've ever heard regicide described as joy, but as long as you can play, whatever works."

"So, where are you from... Camyll was it? And how did you get caught up in all this?"

*moves Battle Titan B2 to C3*



#11 Eisenhorn_Puritus

Eisenhorn_Puritus

    Member

  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

""Training for the mind, joy for the soul", used to say the Praefactor of the department I worked into. Not so tight to his own advice, he killed himself drinking a month after I met him, hadn't he?" -Laughs lightly.

 

*Moves the Yale, menacing the Titan*

 

"You know, chumacho, little of this, little of that. Worked at the Security department of Indivàr station. Have heard of it, haven't you? Just tracked "interesting" people and gathered info together. Somebody thought I made good work, so one nite I received the offer and, meh. What could I say? I had nothing better to do. And you? Schola, don't you? How was that?"



#12 Nimsim

Nimsim

    Member

  • Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Angevin looks a little confused. Who hired this freakshow?

"Well, it's already fully in use in several regiments. And I can't imagine many other people needing the strip down and clean a hell gun. Those who do probably have money and time to spare to do it. Besides, wouldn't that be a job for the Muni and their adepts? I thought you were regular administratum."

"Listen, Reginald, sir. Why don't you head down and inspect the boiler room? I'm sure I saw some menials who weren't working up to their full potential"

He adds a little sarcastically to test how astute Reginald is. 

 

Reginald laughs and quickly fills out a report with the Scribe Tines where his left hand used to be. He hands the report to Angevin to be completed with necessary information.

 

"Have this to me before the end of our journey on this ship. I would like to have the Astropath broadcast this to the Administratum before we depart on our mission."

 

Reginald holds the paper out to Angevin, noticing his plain disgust.

 

"Ah. And a glass of wine will be a suitable reward for your contribution to the works and planning of the Administratum, I suspect?"

 

While holding out the form to Angevin, Reginald calls out to a passing crew member with his Laud Hailer. He straightens himself as the crewman walks over. Reginald recites the crewman's name and work assignment.

"Rosth Kellar, Sub-Level 7Y Taskmaster. Angevin has informed me that he finds your men to not be working to your full potential. As per regulation, I must provide you with this single verbal warning that any leniency toward assigned work can result in summary demotion or termination. Please be advised that any further violations will require me to begin paperwork for an investigation by Administratum supervisors."

 

[I can fill out a response or let Gaunt do it if he wants.]

 

 

The little Camyll eyes go from one fellow to the another, and smiles lightly.

 

"Thru I valuate good planning, easily we could be taking this first meeting too seriously, couldn't we, chumachos?. Little information we have about the other, so we could spend some time just chatting. It's a good idea to know tightly the people you're going to work with"

 

Nods to Reginald, and after that, picks up a piece of the regicide game. 

 

"Well, I could take that game, Rynn. 2.3 minutes of joy are better than none, aren't they?"

 

Reginald nods curtly at Camyll. He elaborately motions in the traditional greeting of the Administratum.

 

"I am glad to see a fellow member of the Administratum. I trust that you will be able to keep to our current schedule. If you find yourself in want of work, I would be more than happy to delegate to you. I'm currently mapping out a planned route for our mission based on existing maps of the planet's infrastructure. It is currently around 48.6% complete, and I estimate that I will only be able to complete 89.7% by the time we arrive."



#13 Felenis

Felenis

    Member

  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

@ Camyll

"Too much pleasure, I suppose. The body craves discipline too"

"I'm afraid I haven't heard of your station. It's a big sector. My work as both an Acolyte and a Stormtrooper had me mostly in the Golgenna reaches, and following that some time furthest northern reaches, right on the warp storm edge."
"Interesting people eh? I'll admit, I'm not really one for subterfuge. My first time on an investigation my experiences colleagues left me high and dry, and I ended up spending a week interrogating poor PDF generals about their water supply"
*chuckles*

"Since then, I've adopted a better working method. Stick to what you know. For me, thats Guns, Danger, and the Emperor"

*Moves Thor into a position to enact the Macharian defence*

"As for the Schola, it's the most enlightened place. Where the Creed aligns perfectly with driven and great members of the Imperium. I'd take 10 Schola bred at my back, then any other. No offence of course. Though I do find that the Inquisition, hard as it may be to the believe, attracts rather impious people. Where do you loyalties the Emperor lie?"

 


Edited by Felenis, 08 December 2013 - 11:51 AM.


#14 Felenis

Felenis

    Member

  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

@Reginald

"Sir, are you bribing me with alcohol? I wasn't aware the administratum handed out token prizes in the form of rotten fruit"

I take the form and fold it up into my combat vest, quite sure that it will not be seeing the light of glo lamps for a long time



#15 GauntZero

GauntZero

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

"We dont fulfill our duty to fullest extend ? Sir, I am sorry, but we are not sure where any more potential for improvement may exist...we will have a detailed check though if you wish."

 

As you talk to the Taskmaster, one of the more high-ranked officers of the Space Craft enters your quarters.

 

The officers name is Alayn Crain, as far as you got to know him a rather confident type. He has been the one who usually is your more or less direct contact to the ships captain.

"I have some good news for you guys. Due to very favourable conditions in the warp, we will arrive in novabella orbit earlier than expected." - he seems not to notice the expression on Reginalds face as all of his schedules suddenly seem to be ruined.

"A shuttle will be prepared in 3h from now to bring you to Novabella - where exactly is up to you, the Servitor-Pilot will be at your command, Sir. We will stay in orbit with the spacecraft for the next month."

 

He hands Reginald a long-range vox, which is about 5kg heavy.

 

"With this vox you can communicate with us if you urgently need support or want a ticket back."


Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.


#16 Nimsim

Nimsim

    Member

  • Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

@Reginald

"Sir, are you bribing me with alcohol? I wasn't aware the administratum handed out token prizes in the form of rotten fruit"

I take the form and fold it up into my combat vest, quite sure that it will not be seeing the light of glo lamps for a long time

 

"Per statue 22864-07, also known as Herod's Law, Administratum workers are permitted to compensate their underlings through alternate methods in the absence of monetary compensation. This statute was further clarified in a ruling by Adminstrator Typhus Woorl in which he stated," Reginald pulls out his dataslate and plugs it into an input on his Servo-Skull causing it to recite a recorded message, "Of course you sods can take your men out for a drink. What kind of stupid question is-"

 

Reginald nods as the message abruptly ends. His lip curls upward in a gesture that anyone with experience will immediately recognize as the characteristic expression of a Highborn

 

"I suppose I expected too much of you to appreciate even so banal a pleasure as wine. I will see to it that more suitable libation be passed onto you. Perhaps a combination of grox blood and sea water will suffice."



#17 Felenis

Felenis

    Member

  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

@Reginald

"Actually the Seawater sounds excellent. I'm from Spectoris sir. And I will point out, I am neither your underling, nor part of the administratum."


After Crain enters and makes his announcement, I snap to attention, and begin to pack and assemble my gear.

"Shall I take the Vox? I've got room for it"



#18 Eisenhorn_Puritus

Eisenhorn_Puritus

    Member

  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Camyll shakes his head upon the scene he sees and helps Rynn to pack the regicide board. 

 

"We will have to finish another time, friend, don't we? Maybe some time will arrive when we have a couple of hours to discuss the matter we were arguing about."

 

*Winks, smiles and whispers*

 

"Maybe some time we don't have the hound biting our asses."

 

"Let's get ready for the dropping. It was never my favourite part"



#19 Nimsim

Nimsim

    Member

  • Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

"We dont fulfill our duty to fullest extend ? Sir, I am sorry, but we are not sure where any more potential for improvement may exist...we will have a detailed check though if you wish."

 

As you talk to the Taskmaster, one of the more high-ranked officers of the Space Craft enters your quarters.

 

The officers name is Alayn Crain, as far as you got to know him a rather confident type. He has been the one who usually is your more or less direct contact to the ships captain.

"I have some good news for you guys. Due to very favourable conditions in the warp, we will arrive in novabella orbit earlier than expected." - he seems not to notice the expression on Reginalds face as all of his schedules suddenly seem to be ruined.

"A shuttle will be prepared in 3h from now to bring you to Novabella - where exactly is up to you, the Servitor-Pilot will be at your command, Sir. We will stay in orbit with the spacecraft for the next month."

 

He hands Reginald a long-range vox, which is about 5kg heavy.

 

"With this vox you can communicate with us if you urgently need support or want a ticket back."

 

Reginald receives the Vox and nods. He is currently wearing his Enforcer Carapace, adorned with marks indicating his position in the Administratum. His robes are in storage within the ship. His expression is dour, and he is quickly writing over existing stacks of paperwork as he attempts to edit his schedule to the new time. Reginald holds his hand out to Angevin with another report by Reginald which Reginald quickly informs him is a personal requisition form for care of the vox under Reginald's orders.

 

Reginald begins revising paperwork for the shuttle that will register its flight plan and arrival as being a very late receipt of goods from the Novabella Agriharvest Sodality. Reginald explains to the group that they are to act as inspectors of the goods being received and are acting under the cover of Administratum Department A97-Agriproduction and Distribution, working within the Confirmation and Receivings sub-department.

[Assuming this is the first ship to contact Novabella in 20 years, the cover story being mapped out is that a warp storm delayed our ship. If the planet has still had some contact with outside ships, then this is just marked as a typical pickup of goods.]

 

Reginald requests that the Shuttle be landed near the Novabella Agriharvest Sodality and provides the appropriate paperwork to be used as their cover. He also requests that Alayn Crain inform the ship's captain of the possible goods to be received along with projected values and profit.


  • Eisenhorn_Puritus likes this

#20 GauntZero

GauntZero

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Alayn Crain - in hope for some profit obviously - nods eagerly and heads back for the captain, after he assured you, that capacity for goods will be available.


Respect your brothers and you will also be respected.





© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS