Next Big Box Expansion

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

We just got Reina Roja. Some faction had to be third in line. We could just as easily have people in here saying "I have to wait for the NEXT deluxe set for more Criminal IDs?"

• Hans Chung-Otterson likes this

#22 Hank McCoy

Hank McCoy

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

And just like in the Spin Cycle, the Anarchs could get another ID in the cycle following Honor and Profit, putting them only 1 ID behind Shapers and Criminals then.

#23 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

We just got Reina Roja. Some faction had to be third in line. We could just as easily have people in here saying "I have to wait for the NEXT deluxe set for more Criminal IDs?"

It's true they might have done that, but Anarchs are currently the least-played Runner faction and being last in line for the Deluxe Treatment will only exacerbate that.

#24 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

It's true they might have done that, but Anarchs are currently the least-played Runner faction and being last in line for the Deluxe Treatment will only exacerbate that.

Depends how strong they prove to be with Reina and the new cards in Spin and the next cycle - we might see more Anarch love before the next big box, with any luck.

#25 Maliseraph

Maliseraph

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Playing around with Reina, I am very pleased with her, Deep Red, and the Caissas.

I think Whizzard will see some added value as more extremely expensive to trash executives and other upgrades/assets enter the mix. Currently he's kinda weak, but fun nonetheless.

And Noise just straight up changes the dynamic of the game. He's gone from dominant to just strong, which is about right.

Really, I feel there aren't any "problems" with Anarch, per se, just incredibly powerful cards to be found in the Criminal faction that are very expensive to splash, and the strong Anarch breakers (Yog.0 especially) are generally cheap to splash. I'm looking forward to playing more with the new Anarch strategies that are emerging (Flynt-Nerve Agent-Frame Job and deck milling being two examples, the Caissas a third). It'll be neat to see how that pans out.

#26 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm also running a Reina deck (Caissa, but no Deep Red). I think she'll give the Anarchs a boost in play numbers. Everyone wants to play with the new weird chess programs (plus they're pretty dang good).

#27 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Knight and Rook seem like pretty solid options, though maybe Rook is tougher to justify if MU are tight. Backed by Mimic tpo handle Swordsmen, however, Knight is sweet.

Does anyone know, or has anyone heard rumors to suggest, whether there will be more caissas in future Spin Cycle releases?

#28 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Knight and Rook seem like pretty solid options, though maybe Rook is tougher to justify if MU are tight. Backed by Mimic tpo handle Swordsmen, however, Knight is sweet.

Yup, Mimic, Swordsman, Knight, Bishop, and a coupla pawns to recur them.  You never have to worry about MU because the Corp trashes ice like mad when Caissa come out. And if they don't, ALL UR SERVERS ARE BELONG TO US

I've played my Reina deck like 10-12 times and I love it. Still learning how to play it most effectively, but it runs like a beast on 0 or 2 creds.

Edited by Hans Chung-Otterson, 31 December 2013 - 09:28 PM.

• CommissarFeesh likes this

#29 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

I've played my Reina deck like 10-12 times and I love it. Still learning how to play it most effectively, but it runs like a beast on 0 or 2 creds.

Finding the same :D it's incredibly economy-efficient as you rarely need to pump a breaker, and the corp often can't afford to rez anything properly scary. I find Rook to be crucial to that last factor (Reina + Rook + Xanadu is cruel).

Only problem with my current build is it's taking a little too long to reach critical denial, so rush decks are still reaching 5 or 6 points before I crush them and own their R&D.
  • Hans Chung-Otterson likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS