• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 970 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Played 3 games this year.

- First game was an 8-player one on a preset map.  7 newbs and 1 that already played three or four times.  Lasted 8 hours! Everybody had read the rules prior to this game and we have lots of printed helps like teck trees, FAQ, etc.  Was epic and awesomely fun!

- Second game was with 5 players on a preset map.  1 newb and 4 that already played once in the 8-player game.  Lasted 5 hours.  We were supposed to be 6 but one bailed out 30 minutes before the game.  Was still a blast but i'm sure it would have been a lot better with 6.  But we don't havethe will to say no to TI3.

- Third game with 5 players, same group as the other 5-player game and on a preset map again.  Lasted 4.5 hours.  Same good ol fun.

Hope to try this one with 6 players.  I think it's the sweet spot of player count for the interaction, strategy cards rotation and overall length.

One of the best game in this genre.

Edited by SolennelBern, 04 December 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#2 SFRR

SFRR

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Awesome, if I get to play this game (my favorite game actually), once per year, I am pretty happy.

(SFRR) aka Siferr Stark

#3 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

I've played two live games this year. My one friend who hosts us for games is trying to run a game every month.

#4 Wick

Wick

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I can get my Dad and Brother over here about  2-3 times a month.I beat them every time, but they are getting better. Would help if they bothered to read the rules. They are slowly catching on that TI is not strictly a war game. Can't wait to get a big game going, I am sure that the game dynamic changes drastically with more players.

-Wick

#5 Cremate

Cremate

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

2013 was a slow TI3 year for me with around regular 8 games and two play-by-forum games (which are still running).

However I didn't play a single game throughout all of 2012 and the first half of 2013 on account of having moved to another country, which is also why the majority of the 8 games I played last year were introduction games teaching new players the wonders of Twilight Imperium.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS