New player's Andromeda deck for critique

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nine

Nine

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hello all, as the title suggests i'm a newish player of the game looking for some feedback on my first serious attempt at building a deck with some level of competitiveness.

The idea of the deck is to utilise the recyclable faeries (stolen from elsewhere on the internet) whilst messing with the corp's ice as much as possible.

Andromeda

Event

Special Order x3

Forged Activation Orders x2

Easy Mark x3

Kraken x2

Dirty Laundry x3

Inside Job x3

Emergency Shutdown x2

Sure Gamble x3

Esher x1

Hardware & Resources

Doppelganger x3

Clone Chip x2

Sacrificial Construct x2

Plascrete Carapace x2

Programs

Crescentus x3

Faerie x3

Peacock x2

Corroder x2

Sneakdoor Beta x2

Femme Fatale x1

Many thanks for any assistance.

#2 frybender

frybender

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't really have much to comment on the deck right now but how are you running a deck that's

"messing with the corp's ice as much as possible. "

and not include Parasites? That seems like an oversight. 

Edited by frybender, 03 December 2013 - 11:16 PM.

• etherial likes this

#3 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Quick Thoughts:

Escher is a tremendous waste of Influence in Andromeda. 5 Influence is the game's way of saying "non shapers need not apply"

Peacock is an inefficient breaker. There are better Decoders out of faction. (Bad trade for Escher.)

Sacrificial Construct is nice for saving Faerie, but 2 maybe is too many. Most Program trashing comes from Sentries, and you have 3 Faeries, a Femme, and Sneakdoor to get around Sentries. It's not bad, but it's unorthodox.

#4 Nine

Nine

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Many thanks for the feedback guys. In truth Escher felt like a luxury fom the moment I put it in there. I will probably drop it together with the Peacocks as suggested, and put in a couple of Gordian Blades.

I should get a few games with this deck at the weekend so will see about trying to get a game utilising Parasite also and see how it turns out.

Edited by Nine, 04 December 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#5 Dunhere

Dunhere

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

If you're going to be using Parasite anyway, use Yog and Datasuckers instead of Gordian.

You'll probably have to drop the Sneakdoor to free up MU, unless you add more memory hardware.

Kraken is too situational, and the corp gets to pick the ICE.

Desperado pays out better than Doppleganger in the long run unless you have ways to take advantage of chaining runs in a turn.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS