standard monster cup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

What's the easiest way of differenciating between standard drawable monsters and ones that shouldn't be placed in the cup?
Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

I have three more ships than you so my opinion is twice as valid!!

#2 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well, of course any monster that shouldn't be stored in the cup has the red symbol on the front. Personally, i prefer to store the regular monsters loose in the box so it can be used as an impromptu monster cup, and for specila monsters I like to store them seperately, either witht he expansions they came in or a special bag for AO specific tiles, chits, and cards.

• Lilikin likes this

#3 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Even masks? I have four add ons
Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

As Wolfgar said, only Spawn monsters are not added to the monster cup. You can determine whether a monster is a Spawn monster by looking at the fornt side of the chit: if in the lower left corner you see a red dot, then, that monster is a Spawn monster.

Masks follow special rules, yet they are not Spawn monsters. They are regularly added to the monster cup when Nyarlathotep is the Ancient One; if there is no Nyarly in play, they simply stay in the box.

This is very important to remember because Spawn monsters are immune to return to the cup effects: you cannot time bomb the Dunwich Horror, for example. Masks can be returned to the cup by closing matching dimensional symbol gates or simply by using some items.

• Lilikin likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Simply:

All monsters are added to the cup except Spawns (indicated by the red circle on the front) and Masks (which say Mask on the back). Spawns are only found in the Dunwich, King-in-Yellow, and Innsmouth expansions, and you will have between 5 and 10 Masks, depending on how many board expansions you own.

Masks are added if Nyarlathotep is the Ancient One (that's his whole ability), and the Dark Pharaoh Mask is specifically added when you use the Dark Pharaoh herald.

Edited by Tibs, 03 December 2013 - 10:16 PM.

• Lilikin likes this

#6 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

Thank you. this makes it a lot easier

Lilikin

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS