Photo

Netrunner click tokens and more to come! (also cool storage solutions)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 zreef

zreef

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

I just backed this kickstart for the netrunner click tokens and the card storage chests.  

It was just announced that during the kickstarter campaign they will release a full set of tokens. Their click tokens (and tokens for other games) look top notch so I am excited to see what gets produced.

http://www.kickstart...nserts-and-more

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

This will not be the first unlicensed ADN product FFG has had to slap down with a C&D. They really need to get producing more accessories.

#3 zreef

zreef

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

well hopefully they don't slap it down as it would be a shame

#4 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

A bigger shame is that the guy is using FFG's images on his click tokens without compensating them for it. If't slap it down, Kickstarter will have to.

#5 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

They're not FFG's images, actually. Close, but they are original designs. I don't know how close is too close, though, some of them might be. Shaper, HB, NBN, maybe Weyland. Anarch is probably in the clear, and Criminal and Jinteki are "A Tree" and "A Skull" which bear no particular resemblance to FFG's art.

#6 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

The boxes just look too bulky for my taste. I would like the tokens more if they were also color coded along with the logo. To quote my favorite show, Shark Tank, "I'm out". But good luck with them, I'm sure they will appeal to some players

#7 zreef

zreef

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

I don't make them, i'm just a backer.   The boxes appeal to my tastes as I don't really take my cards anywhere, I play at home and would like a more durable / nicer storage solution.

I mainly posted to help spread the word for those that might also be interested.

#8 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

They're not FFG's images, actually. Close, but they are original designs. I don't know how close is too close, though, some of them might be. Shaper, HB, NBN, maybe Weyland. Anarch is probably in the clear, and Criminal and Jinteki are "A Tree" and "A Skull" which bear no particular resemblance to FFG's art.

They shut down an earlier Kickstarter whose images barely resembled FFG's. These are deliberate copies.

#9 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

No argument that they're meant to be recognizable, so we'll see how it goes. It definitely skirts closer to the line than other 3rd-party products I've seen.

#10 zreef

zreef

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

he has licenses from other companies, he may have one from FFG or at least their blessing. So you cannot claim they are "deliberate copies" as there is no evidence one way or another.

#11 zreef

zreef

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

also according to this youtube review:

the tokens were being used at worlds (I have no idea if this is actually true as I was not there), but assuming it is then FFG already knows about this venture and probably would have sent the C&D a long time ago.

His main retail website has been up for a few months and was not officially opened for business until now.  

Edited by zreef, 04 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#12 zreef

zreef

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

new licensing agreements are in the works, we will get the announcement soon!  I am keeping my fingers cross for some LCG licenses.

#13 zreef

zreef

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

The netrunner click tokens have been modified, there are links to the updated designs. The final netrunner tokens set should be released soon.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS