I am looking for a leadership card that removes conditions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pvthudson

Pvthudson

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

I have a lot of adventure packs but just got them and havent had a chance to look. Off the top of your heads does anyone know one that can remove things like Caught in a Web?

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

no i dont believe there is, and i have everything to date. the only real direct card that gets rid of them is in the core set- the miner dwarf ally.

every other way needs you to indirectly avoid it such as cancelling the treachery card etc

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Pvthudson

Pvthudson

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Crud. So basically a Lore deck item? or event? or response?

#4 Kassad

Kassad

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Crud. So basically a Lore deck item? or event? or response?

Correct.  Lore item to remove it or Spirit item to cancel it in the first place.

#5 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

The Iron Hills Miner is so far the only card in the game that can remove condition attachments once they are in play. It is definitely an underdeveloped function, but the condition attachments are meant to be a nuisance. Particularly nasty is Local Trouble that attaches to the highest-threat hero and raises your threat when he/she readies, exhausts or triggers an ability. Playing Elrond, who has the highest threat level in the game, I usually get stuck with this.

Wouldn't be surprised if they release more Lore and Spirit cards that deal with condition attachments, since those spheres usually handle that kind of thing. Leadership I think unlikely, but you never know.

#6 Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Leadership can't get rid of it, but it can work around it.  Core Aragorn or Imrahil can get around the effects of Caught in a Web, though you still  won't be able to use them to their full potential (Aragorn could quest every turn for 1 resrouce, but then he would be done unless you really needed him.  Imrahil will probably only be good for attacking after an ally has died).  Cram is a great temporary fix to the problem, and Lure of Moria can bail Dain out (but I wouldn't ever exhaust him again).  Alternatively, you could use Steward of Gondor on that character and use the two resources it provides to ready every single round. 

The worst sphere for condition attachments is Tactics, which is too inflexible to work around that stuff.  Your best bet is to let the hero die and bring them back with Landroval.

and Local Trouble is just killer for non-Lore-Spirit decks.  I hate that card.

#7 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

I would like to see a couple of cards in Leadership that are similar to DunedIn Watcher (which cancels Shadow effects). One is a Dunedain Warden who would cancel When Revealed effects, and the other is a Dunedain Guardian that could remove (or be assigned in place of a hero) conditional attachments.
  • EclatK likes this
"Finally!" - Nalir the Dwarf

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#8 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

I would like to see a couple of cards in Leadership that are similar to DunedIn Watcher (which cancels Shadow effects). One is a Dunedain Warden who would cancel When Revealed effects, and the other is a Dunedain Guardian that could remove (or be assigned in place of a hero) conditional attachments.

This would be great! 

• EclatK likes this

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS