• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gertat

gertat

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hi
Some of you know that I have tried to create a community, first in Sweden, and when wasn’t that
 succeeded in the Nordic countries.
I have done this by spaming the forums with requests for a Nordic Championship.
Our small community is on Facebook and are now up to 19 st members from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Poland.

Has received 2 requests to join the Polish tournaments that I unfortunately had to turn down because my wife is ill with breast cancer.

Hopefully she's going to get better and then I get the opportunity to play Warhamer Invasion more.

Now that FFG has put down the production of new cards and it will not get more official World championships, I came up with an idea I'd like to try on you here on the forum.

What do you think about creating a championship worth the name?

The Baltic Battle.

When: autumn 2014

Where: Swinoujscie on the border between Germany and Poland

Should the tournament be held there it will be roughly the same distance for everyone to go.

Example:

Players from Denmark and Sweden can take the ferry Ystad-Swinoujscie (6 hours)

Players from Berlin 2 hours 52 minutes by car

Players from Warsaw 6 hours 34 minutes by car

Players from Krakov 7 hours 55 minutes by car

We book a conference room that we're in the tournament and pay for it with a registration fee.
Travel cost, each participant must providec for them self.

Price to position 1 and 2 is a diploma as a Capital Board where rassymbolen is replaced with a trophy and some fansy text

Someone who is good at desgin can take make the diploma type Gnomeschool.

What do you think of this the the idea?

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

I don't know if there are any players in Świnoujście, but there are many in cities like Wrocław for example.

Wrocław organised official European Championships and will probably do this again, this time as an unoffcial tournament.

#3 wilk

wilk

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

Hey!

I live in Warsaw, but I wanted to visit Sweden for a long time. So I will do my best to come!

EDIT.

Loooooool, sorry, I did not read it thoroughly. So you want to organize event in Poland? Świnoujście is not the best place then, because there is literally no WHI scene there. I was hoping to visit Sweden, damn!

Edited by wilk, 03 December 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#4 Kubala

Kubala

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

For me, the best place on North Championships is Gdansk. Maybe Warsaw. And on World Championships, of course, Wrocław.

#5 gertat

gertat

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Virgo you now how many players there were i the European championship from other contries than Poland?

My line of thought was that al players regardless of nationallity should invest as much money, time and effort to get to the championship.
Then Swinoujsvieo were and good choice.

Ok its a huge factor that Poland have 50 times as much players than Sweden.

Checked what it cost to go by airplan from Malmo to Wroclaw and back to back = 500 euros

#6 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

In germany we don't have much players in Berlin :) At European championships we were 6 players from germany, i think 2 italiens along with this and that was it for the foreign comunity.

It is a great idea, but i agree that it is better to organize it in a city with a high player number. If you can affort it visit Wroclaw for European Championship 2014, it's the biggest event in WHI!

#7 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Gertat it would be probably better for you to come for a tournament in Gdańsk in 2014, should be at least 40 people ;)

#8 gertat

gertat

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

When is it?

#9 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

I don't know, but there should be one next year, I will inform you when regional tournaments for 2014 will be known.

#10 gertat

gertat

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

Great, there is a ferry from Karlskrona to Gdansk and my parents live in Karlskrona.
The ticket is much cheaper.

This might work

#11 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

I'm smack dab in the middle of ths US, so I (obviously) won't be able to make it - but I am happy to see a comunnity organize and trying to make things happen! Bravo to you all!

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

#12 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

Sammann, I know the Louisville meta will continue to hold events and we should have at least one big tournament next year.

#13 rzarectz

rzarectz

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

How about we organize it in Calgary, Alberta, Canada guys? Who's with me! Buy your flights :D

#14 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Cparadis - I've thought of Louisville before as I know you guys have a good community out there. It's a solid 8 hours from my place, though. If/as soon as you guys get a date set for big tourney let me know. I was hoping to go to worlds next year, but now with that out maybe I'll just make Louisville the trip! I'm in STL, MO for work a lot - maybe I can sandwich in a trip to see you guys between work!

• cparadis likes this

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS