• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaddockKrug

MaddockKrug

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hi everyone.

Today six of my friends and I enjoyed a hard ride through the BSG boardgame. We played the core-game with the Pegasus expansion alone, but with the complete set of characters of the core game, Pegasus and Exodus. That's why one of my questions is about Cally ...

1. If you play with the Cylon Leader, the rules about the game are these:

'quote'

If a Cylon Leader is in play, do not use the “You are a

Sympathizer” Card, regardless of the number of players.

'/quote'

Does this refer to both, the "You are a Sympathizer Card" of the core game as well as the "You Are a Sympathetic Cylon"? Or would the "You Are a Sympathetic Cylon" still be used in the sleeper-phase?

2. As Q1 but with 7-players:

On pg 18 the 7-player rules speak of a deck of 12 loyalty cards - including 2 cylon cards and 10 none-cylon cards; if Boomer and Gaius are in the game, there would be added additional none-cylon cards as well. But: Do any of the sympathizer cards get used as well?

3. Cally has this special disadvantage that you may play only at least two skill-cards; single cards cannot be played. How does this work with the Brig, which limits you to the usage of only one skill-card. Is Cally incapable of playing any skill-card? Or will she be allowed to play single cards only? Or would her special feature over-rule the Brig-rule?

These questions were raised today; and we were not able to solve them properly ...

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

Mad

P.S.: Ooops ... Tilte is about 2 questions, but I asked 3 ... Sorry. ;)

Edited by MaddockKrug, 30 November 2013 - 06:25 PM.

For GM: Mad's Adventure, Adventure Hooks, NPCs, and Locations - same at RPGGEEK

SW, to me, is a Spaghetti Western with space ships for horses. No matter what you do it causes a problem.  You just might save the day.  Crazy heroics and adventure!

#2 kirlits

kirlits

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

1. Yes.

2. In 7-players game no sympathizer card is used. Just 2 cylon, 1 cylon-leader and the rest non-cylon

3. While in brig, Cally can add one and only one card to skill checks.

#3 JasX

JasX

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

P7 of the daybreak rulebook is a good reference here. legitimate official combo's are

7Players => 1xCylon leader, 1x (Mutineer or sympathizer or sympathetic cylon), 2x Cylon,

6Players => 1xCylon leader, 2x Cylon,

6Players => 1x (Mutineer or sympathizer or sympathetic cylon), 2x Cylon,

5Players=> 2x Cylon,

5Players=> 1xCylon leader, 1x (Mutineer or sympathizer or sympathetic cylon), 1x Cylon (can be crap, the other 5 player set is more reliable)

4Players or less -> I strongly suggest waiting/finding a 5th player

The group I play with has various house rules around rigging the deck to 'encourage' cylons to come out at the right speed but never guarantee it (eg in a 5 player game we separately construct the initial and sleeper set of loyalty cards with one cylon card in each deck, after shuffling we swap ONE card from each deck into the other one -most of the time you get 1 initially and a 2nd at sleeper..... but you can never be fully sure)

We also have a house 7 player variant  =>

7Players=> 3 Cylons

loyalty deck rigged so there are 1-2 cylons pre-sleeper and 2-3 post sleeper. If the three cylons *hard reveal* humans get +1 to each resource immediately

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS