• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

My favorite was Lure of Power.  It really added a ton of action cards that any career could use and opened the doors to a simplified Social mechanic that went beyond pass/fail.  The clarification for nobles was also helpful, especially for our TEW campaign.

jh

Edited by Emirikol, 28 November 2013 - 01:09 PM.

• Keeop likes this

#2 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

Heh, while for me Lure of Power was the most "meh". But I guess it depends a lot on what kind of game you run. Generally speaking, the more you have to progress through social interaction and have to interact with gold tier npcs, the more useful Lure Of Power is.

Personally, I am hard pressed to choose between the tree other chaos god expansions. I think I will have to go with Winds Of Magic though. Since it properly fleshes out magic and gives all those sweet mutations cards I am dying to give my players :)

#3 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Agree with Emirkol. Lure of Power had cards which could be used in any social situation, not just gold tier ones. Perhaps what it lacked was enough examples about how the cards could be used across all the social tiers.

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Adventurer's Kit for the Ratcatcher,  it's just not Warhammer without one.

That said, of the main ones, Winds of Magic because I love corruption and having multiple winds in detail good and it was a good adventure of the sort I like.  I don't regret any of them.

#5 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

For me The Edge of Night has been the best. The gazetteer about Ubersreik is fantastic! and the adventure, after a bit of work, has been one of the most warhammerish scenarios I have ever directed.

Regarding the chaos gods boxes, although undoubtedly valuable, I have mixed feelings. Honestly I think most of the material there (corruption, diseases, mounted combat, severe critics...) should have been released with the core box. I felt a bit cheated.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#6 Terrorist Dwarf

Terrorist Dwarf

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I really dig Black Fire Pass. I desired a supplement for every core race, but considering the environment and circumstances of the product line, we will probably not see one outside of fan projects.

#7 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

For me The Edge of Night has been the best. The gazetteer about Ubersreik is fantastic! and the adventure, after a bit of work, has been one of the most warhammerish scenarios I have ever directed.

By far and away the best scenario, I would agree. We had enormous fun playtesting it. It has always been a major failing of FFG that they never explored Ubersreik and the power situation there more fully, building on the information in Edge of Night and Lure of Power.

#8 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Black fire Pass was it also for me.

I actually buyed it before playing WFRP as I was a Warhammer Online Player and needed more background.

but Black Fire Pass dragged me in, so I started when the german version was released of WFRP 3rd.

And I love the supplement still a lot, also from a fluff point of view.

#9 Brother Bart

Brother Bart

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

I actually really liked The Gathering Storm. Sure it had some issues, but it was the first WFRP adventure module I was exposed to, and really sort of blew me away with how it was presented. 3 very unique mini adventures wrapped in a cool package that linked them all in a pretty interesting overarching story. I had (and am still having) a great time running it.

• Keeop likes this

#10 Tush Hog

Tush Hog

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

I've really enjoyed most of them. I enjoy the social intrigue a la Game of Throne so Lure of Power was very nice.

I really loved Hero's Call. The Epic Threat sheets are so genius! Plus you get lots of new Race options - including Halflings. You also get some of the really awesome villains from warhammer in this set - including epic antagonists like Grimgor Ironhide, Manfred non Carstein, and the Grey Seer Thanquil and his trusted rat ogre Boneripper!

Plus, the adventure The Art of the Waaagh! is one my favorites
  • Emirikol likes this

#11 drallcome

drallcome

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

Really like Blackfire pass , i'm a huge dwarf fan so go figure. My second choice would be signs of faith , it adds allot of cool careers and I enjoyed reading about the different faith's of the empire not to mention the disease rules add to the game.

#12 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

Signs of Faith I think, in my gaming groups during the past years there's almost allways been a priest of one faith or another, so it has seen a lot of use. Diseases also work great and players have been on the verge of dying due to disease several times, very warhammer.

In second place, Winds of Faith. Corruption/mutation and all the different orders of magic feels like a must have, would not be warhammer without it.

Lure of power is probably the third supplement on my list of favourites and Omens of War lands in the fourth spot.

#13 Twodogz

Twodogz

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

I really liked the Official Wood Elf supplement (not DotF) that has never been published ;)

FFG's WFRP3 Forum: Home to the MMO and D&D4e community.

The Borg here cry unless you comply.

#14 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:12 AM

Hmm, favured in 3e? I think that Witch's Song becouse it was a great adventure and I had a lot of fun GMing it.

But other were not so bad either. Still don't know why they did not expand the world beyond Empire.

#15 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

Twodogz wrote:

"I really liked the Official Wood Elf supplement (not DotF) that has never been published."

There was an Elf book in the works for 2e before BI/GR lost the licence, but I don't know how far along it was. So much of the official Elf background simply isn't applicable to a typical WFRP game, and GW isn't likely to open the doors for some freelancer to flesh out the grey areas in their most holy of holies.

We figured DotF was pretty safe to create without ever having to worry about an official RPG release making it obsolete. :)

• Keeop likes this

#16 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Actually, Chaos is probably the holiest of GW's holies (followed closely by Elves), but there's enough WFRP-relevant official Chaos canon already in circulation for a RPG freelancer to write substantively about it without colouring too far outside the lines.

#17 Twodogz

Twodogz

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Oh don't get me wrong mate, I love DotF, but I think GW dropped the ball in a lot of ways with their IP.

The first being the lack of support for Elves, the second being a move away from the dark comedy of the 80's (Python-Jaberwocky-esque) to slapstick so as to appeal to the children.  The third would probably be the further dive into steampunk with airships, gyrocopters and steamtanks.

I guess they face the same issues any PvP game does - the changing of content to make battle play more balanced / spectacular at the expense of WFRP.

FFG's WFRP3 Forum: Home to the MMO and D&D4e community.

The Borg here cry unless you comply.

#18 madpoet

madpoet

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

I really loved both Nurgle and Tzench supplements but also the wonderful adventure The witch song.

#19 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

I agree that Nurgle and Tzeentch were fantastic additions, but honestly I do not think any release even touched on the quality that was the Tomb of Corruption. Btw - I love 3ed just feel that product was truly fantastic.

• Emirikol and Keeop like this

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#20 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

Also a Lure of Power fan but I enjoy the Dwarf box as well. Because Dwarfs.

@crimson Tomb of Corruption is brilliant.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS