Alchemist

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Does anyone else think that the alchemist is overly powerful from start to finish. We do t use him anymore. When we did he won 9 out of 10 games.

#2 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Does anyone else think that the alchemist is overly powerful from start to finish. We do t use him anymore. When we did he won 9 out of 10 games.

I've read lots of conversations here about him. Many think he is powerful.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#3 RevengeRobot

RevengeRobot

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

I agree super powerful. Your group limited his power to 2 gold per magic item. He is also the target much ire such as when Warlock is played. 

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

Very strong, I'd say unbeatable barring horrendous bad luck with the default CoC ending. However, with alternate endings, he is still strong but beatable for sure.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

I think he be ok if he had one fate, started with one gold, and only received one gold per item, regardless of magical or not

#6 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Some in my group think dark cultist is too powerful as well. I'm not sure about this. I think she is very powerful if she survives the early game

#7 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Yeah but same with the Warlock,Assassin, Dark Cultist. If you play with a random character drawing system maybe limit players to 2 or 3 picks then you limit how may times he can be drawn and played with. Personally in muti-player games these higher tier characters can be (and should be if players realise it) a bit of a double edged sword.. Gang up on them.. There is only one winner :).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS