I would wager the following (and quote me on this):
* 3e is done with its production cycle.
* a dry, marketer-perfected, not-publicly-playtested 4e announcement late next year that will be nothing more than a simple fleecing with no actual improvement from actual fan feedback from actual fan communication
* continued complete lack of communication with fans
Does that make me sound pissy? Or am I just saying what everyone is thinking?
Both, I suspect!
To cover your three points:
1. It looks very much like FFG have finished with 3rd edition. There may be the odd POD, but otherwise that will be it.
2. I would be very surprised if they did not Beta test a new 4th edition. However that will not guarantee that we will not get what you say in point 2 above. Unfortunately bad explanations have resulted in the Dark Heresy Beta turning into edition wars between the two different versions of the Beta, already. The first version of the Beta had some new exciting and innovative stuff, but the second version has just gone back to Only War with Inquisitors. I can see the same thing happening here quite easily, between those who do want change and those that don't.
3. That will never change!
The other thing to think about will be that the license will be up again in 2015, I think, and I suspect that we will not see anything before then.
Edited by ragnar63, 10 December 2013 - 07:08 AM.