#21 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

I would wager the following (and quote me on this):

* 3e is done with its production cycle.

* a dry, marketer-perfected, not-publicly-playtested 4e announcement late next year that will be nothing more than a simple fleecing with no actual improvement from actual fan feedback from actual fan communication

* continued complete lack of communication with fans

Does that make me sound pissy? Or am I just saying what everyone is thinking?

Edited by Emirikol, 09 December 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#22 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

* a dry, marketer-perfected, not-publicly-playtested 4e announcement late next year that will be nothing more than a simple fleecing with no actual improvement from actual fan feedback from actual fan communication

I don't think their track record would suggest #2. Say what you want about the direction of 3ed, but it wasn't just a half-assed new face on 2ed (It might be worth looking at Dark Heresy 2nd Ed and see how that is turning out, though that is sold as an incremental change). 

I'm still of the opinion that the smart move would be to clean the system up, making it compatible with Star Wars's dice, and release the year after Force and Destiny. 

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#23 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

Both, I suspect!

To cover your three points:

1. It looks very much like FFG have finished with 3rd edition. There may be the odd POD, but otherwise that will be it.

2. I would be very surprised if they did not Beta test a new 4th edition. However that will not guarantee that we will not get what you say in point 2 above. Unfortunately bad explanations have resulted in the Dark Heresy Beta turning into edition wars between the two different versions of the Beta, already. The first version of the Beta had some new exciting and innovative stuff, but the second version has just gone back to Only War with Inquisitors. I can see the same thing happening here quite easily, between those who do want change and those that don't.

3. That will never change!

The other thing to think about will be that the license will be up again in 2015, I think, and I suspect that we will not see anything before then.

Edited by ragnar63, 10 December 2013 - 07:08 AM.

• Keeop likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS