Warhammer 3e on Sale

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 brrak

brrak

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Looks like there are some deals to be had before Christmas.

http://store.fantasy...13.cfm?catid=22

I've been waiting to get a couple of the last boxes.

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Players guide + omens + lure +bfp + heros call = complete player set

I see the GMs vault is $5.00.  There's a dice pack in each one.

jh

• tcrudisi likes this

#3 tcrudisi

tcrudisi

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

jh

Are the Player's Guide + Omens + Lure + Blackfire Pass + Hero's Call all the books you'd recommend for a player? Or would you advise going a different route? I'm interested in picking up some of the books for Christmas.

Are there any other books, other than the GM Vault, which give dice? 

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Just the core box, gm vault box and dice packs.

#5 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

There are also 4 2nd edition hardbacks on sale under the "Other" category.

I highly recommend Tome of Salvation and Realms of Sorcery for fluff etc. even if playing 3rd edition. If you're paying shipping anyway, at $5.00 each it's hard to beat.

• Emirikol likes this

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

There's a rockin adventure in the back of ROS as well :)

jh

#7 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Anybody know exactly which dice (how many of each shape and color) comes in the GM's Vault? It's hard to know how many vaults to order without an exact count.

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

It says 12.  That means the same as a single dice pack..plus you get all that other 'stuff.'   

Edited by Emirikol, 28 November 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#9 barma

barma

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

Too bad that the shop is intended for americans only. 55$ to deliver a book to germany? HILARIOUS! :(

#10 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Too bad that the shop is intended for americans only. 55$ to deliver a book to germany? HILARIOUS! :(

I have started a german "Sammelbestellung" here: http://www.altewelt.....php?f=7&t=2368

We are currently 2 guys with you we could divide the cost through three, but you should add 5€ for your book delivery in germany. Remember this is all some kind of private initiative, I'm no reseller or anything like that.

#11 tcrudisi

tcrudisi

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

jh

Now that I'm back from my holiday, I just wanted to say "Thanks". I ended up ordering the books that you suggested, plus 3 copies of the GMs vault (that I plan on sharing with 2 friends and combining our dice). I'll probably also end up getting some of the other books, especially the cheap ones, just to flesh out an actual WH library.

And a special thanks (and playful "screw you!") to brrak, the OP, for letting me know about this great deal. (The "screw you" is because I'm spending a lot of money that I never expected to spend. :P )

#12 brrak

brrak

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

Ha! My pleasure. I finally picked up the Enemy Within and Hero's Call. But feeling a little scrooge-like after shipping costs. Here's hoping for a resurgent 2014 for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3e.

Edited by brrak, 02 December 2013 - 01:58 PM.

• Keeop likes this

#13 LordPasty

LordPasty

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Has anybody had an order ship yet?  Seems like it's taking a while, but I may just be spoiled by Amazon.

#14 Desalus

Desalus

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

My order's status is 'Pending Shipping' and I ordered it on Wednesday last week. There's no 'estimated shipping date' on the order information, so who knows when they will get around to fulfilling it. For all I know it could be next week or the week after. 

#15 tcrudisi

tcrudisi

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

I received a tracking number just yesterday. I ordered mine a day or two after this thread was made.

#16 LordPasty

LordPasty

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hmmm.  So much for "first come, first serve" then.  Seems like at least two of us ordered the day the thread was made, but no shipping (yet).  Oh well.  It'll ship when it ships.  Thanks for the info gang.

#17 Desalus

Desalus

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

I just got an email about an hour ago saying that my order has shipped.

#18 tcrudisi

tcrudisi

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Signs of Faith - is this book worth it at $15 + shipping? Are the cards it provides only found in this supplement? In the "what is your favorite supplement" thread, no one mentioned this one, which has me a bit worried.

#19 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yes.  It is a must-have.  It's the priest stuff for all priesthoods beyodn sigmar, morr and the other one that are in the core.

#20 Brother Bart

Brother Bart

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

My buddy got his package on Friday, mine is arriving at my work today. I had already purchased all of the WHFRP 3rd stuff (at full price or slightly less) long before this sale…except for the hardback books and the vaults (only had the creature vault for all of the cards). So I went ahead and grabbed the hardback Players Guide and Creature Guide, and a GMs Vault (for the dice mostly), and grabbed two of the 2nd ed books they had on sale for 5 bucks each. Wish I could have picked up the GMs Guide, but it and the Adventurer's Toolkit were already sold out by the time I got wind of the sale. 

What is the speculation about the future of WHFRP? Are we going to see a 4th edition? Are FFG done with this system? I certainly hope not. There is so much content that they never even got to in this edition (Elves, Bretonnia, Lustria/Lizardmen, Khemri, etc, etc.)

Edited by Brother Bart, 09 December 2013 - 12:14 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS