Reflections on the game

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Now that development of Invasion is officially over, I'd like to take an opportunity to look back at the game.

It was the first LCG I played, and I absolutely loved it. It was a great introduction to the warhammer world, and provided me hours and hours of fun.

So thank you FFG for such a great game, I know others feel the same way.
  • HappyDD and skwizzle like this

#2 Junglecat

Junglecat

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

This makes me sad. But my friends and I will continue to play this great game for a long, long, time.

#3 HappyDD

HappyDD

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Same for me: First LCG. It got me back into card games in general, since after Magic I figured I'd rather have money than be good at a card game. I never suspected WH:I would be the first to bite the dust.

I have to give props to all the designers who worked on this game to make it my favourite one.

• cparadis likes this

#4 Magehammer

Magehammer

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Sad, sad day. But despite the fact it is now a DCG (Dead Card Game), I will continue to play and love it. 

#5 Crag78

Crag78

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Sad day indeed.No Tomb Kings cards set.I guess FFG will now concentrate their efforts on the upcoming Warhammer Diskwars game.

#6 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Same for me: First LCG. It got me back into card games in general, since after Magic I figured I'd rather have money than be good at a card game. I never suspected WH:I would be the first to bite the dust.

I have to give props to all the designers who worked on this game to make it my favourite one.

Does it mean the end of your podcast as well?

#7 s1n

s1n

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

That's a bummer, I just got into playing the game too.

#8 rzarectz

rzarectz

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Yet another failed Games Workshop game..

This is what happens when there's absolutely no promotion, and no effort to foster new entrants to a game.  Such an effort, and most gamers probably never even heard of it.. 

Edited by rzarectz, 26 November 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#9 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Shocked and saddened at the news that there is going to be no more content for W:I.

:(

I adore this game and feel it will diminish with no new content to come.

I was only thinking today that I should write a mail to Winvasion members Daniel and Torsten thanking them for their time and effort they have put in to the podcasts. 

I will continue to play the game as long as I have friends who wish to play it.

Thank you FFG for the LCG.

Wow I'm gutted!

• sammann11 likes this

#10 Rodzyn

Rodzyn

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

the game lives as long as we gonne play guys. I have to say, i'm quite disappointed.. :(  HK is probably the best deluxe exp. for this game, and i hoped for more awesome stuff. too bad it isn't gonna happen.

#11 Kallel00

Kallel00

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Absolutely love WI, but also glad it's the last expansion : game is costly enough as it is , and always disliked the prospect that new cards might force my old ones into oblivion ... now I know this won't happen

#12 slick

slick

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

wow after such a good come back with the mechanics sigh

very dissappointed at this.Such a good game mechanic and design,probably should petition for a comeback :(

#13 Shelosmith

Shelosmith

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

I recently just discovered the game with a core set purchase.  Despite playing and keep up to date with AGoT, CoC and LOTR, WH:I was pulling me in enough with the gameplay and mechanics that I was ready to jump in with both feet and get caught up on this one as well.  I must admit that this post is now giving me pause as I was hoping to start a tournament community in Saskatoon, going to be hard with no kits or development.  Sad to see this go, glad it helped develop the LCG format.  

#14 Hyperfox

Hyperfox

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

"Warhammer Invasion LCG is Dead. Long Life to Invasion."

I see Warhammer 40.000 LCG in the Future...

#15 slick

slick

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

I wonder how the polish are taking this. Maybe if they petition enough the game might still live. Any thoughts Virgo? :(

#16 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

First LCG for me too and loved it.  Bought it in french and played a lot.  Finally sold it becuase I had too much games and not enough time (classic gamer problem) so I forced myself to purge my collection.

I recently got a great deal from a FLGS where I ordered the core set but changed my mind for another game.  They replaced it in my order no problemen but offered me the core set for 26CAD! I said YEAAAAH i'll take it!

So now I have the core set again, but this time in English, and Ulthuan.  I'll get in this a lot slower then I did last time, buying packs slowly and only when I feel the game gets repetitive.

Great game and now i'm hooked to the LCG format and own Netrunner and LOTR too.

#17 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Wow. Just wow. This is horrible news. I've been playing the game from day one of it's release. I love this game. I am very disappointed. Wow. This totally sucks.

#18 slick

slick

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

Tell me about it Doc! Cant believe theyre dropping THIS for some diskgames...ahmygawd :huh: Cant compute

#19 s1n

s1n

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Apparently they've had decreasing turnout at their events and I have noticed less dedicated shelf space at my FLGS.

I bet Cthulhu is next on the chopping block.

Maybe they have a Runebound LCG in the works...

#20 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Good news - I picked up HK today!

HORRIBLE/SAD news - I found this out today!

It is a shame but perhaps the support just wasn't there. I live in Kansas City, MO and I can find no one to play this with. I've checked at all the gaming stores in the whole metro and there seems to be no one. I even travel for work and have posted and inquired about groups playing in Missouri, Nebraska, and Kansas so that I might find a game night when I'm on the road... to no avail.

My brother and I will keep playing via skype, which is the only person I play with now anyways...  :(

I agree with Rodzyn though - the game will stay alive if we keep playing it guys!

Also - I'm with Klaymen_sk - will this mean the end of Winvasion? I hope not!

Edited by sammann11, 27 November 2013 - 12:02 AM.

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS