Fimir Creatures and Heroquest Musings

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Terrorist Dwarf

Terrorist Dwarf

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

With the recently live Kickstarter of Heroquest 25th Anniversay, I've been pondering the importance of Heroquest. Heroquest was my introduction to the Warhammer world and it's many inhabitance. The monster that caught my eye was the Fimir, the one-eyed creature with no direct parallel to myth or popular culture. 

I've discovered the new Heroquest will not have Fimir because of licencing and copyright issues, which made me a little disappointed. So, I realized, why not do a quick scenario with the marsh creatures as villains.

Here are my takes.

Fimm-Warrior-Back-Face_zps98917e04.jpg

Fimm-Warrior-Front-Face_zps881bf7d7.jpg

Shearl-Back-Face_zpsb579bf67.jpg

Shearl-Front-Face_zps9855ea38.jpg

After the Gathering Storm, I imagine my players will be fighting Fimirs.

What about yourself? Has Heroquest influenced your perception of Warhammer?

• Emirikol and Apollwn like this

#2 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

No it hasn't but those are great cards.

#3 Terrorist Dwarf

Terrorist Dwarf

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

I was going to wait to post these, as they are less useful without Fimir spells, but you can easily replace them with reflavored spells.

Fiana--Back-Face_zpse1aa8afc.jpg

Fiana--Front-Face_zps448f85da.jpg

Dirach-Back-Face_zpsb8c8e593.jpg

Dirach-Front-Face_zps32486448.jpg

Meargh-Back-Face_zpse020bc2e.jpg

Meargh-Front-Face_zps30e37780.jpg

Edited by Terrorist Dwarf, 26 November 2013 - 11:45 AM.

• Apollwn likes this

#4 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

I have been working on a background for the Fimir thats more in line with the 2e & 3e setting, I posted a summary on Mr Davis's blog on wordpress but I can post it up here if its of interest. Its no way finished but is a good overview of what I want to do with them.

crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

I recommend "They Dying of the Light" scenario. I think we recycled 5-6 characters ..and we played it with 3rd edition :)

jh

#6 Terrorist Dwarf

Terrorist Dwarf

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

I recommend "They Dying of the Light" scenario. I think we recycled 5-6 characters ..and we played it with 3rd edition :)

jh

My Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay collection is rather extensive. I think I'm only missing half a dozen books in the entire line in print and the rest I own in some digital form. The only source I can find is in WFRP 1st, Warhammer Fantasy Battles 3e and Dying of the Light.  

I have been working on a background for the Fimir thats more in line with the 2e & 3e setting, I posted a summary on Mr Davis's blog on wordpress but I can post it up here if its of interest. Its no way finished but is a good overview of what I want to do with them.

crimsonsun

This is a celebration of Fimir! I know I would love to see your adaptation.  

#7 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

OK mate this is a direct copy of what I wrote elsewhere but its only the outline to make it all fit together...

My idea was to make them true natives of the Warhammer world that were forced out by the Old Ones and the new races they crafted, being a very basic tribal species they had no choice but to hide and move away from these rapidly developing cultures, but this obviously left them feeling somewhat bitter.

When the Arcane gates collapsed and Chaos flooded into the world the Fimir were approached by several power Arch Daemons & Daemon Princes most notable was the Shadow Lord and Karios of Tzeentch, these vastly powerful entities offered the Fimir a chance to fight back against there tormentors as well as showing them ways to harness the raw power of Chaos in exchange these daemons gained a willing mortal army who would sacrifice and worship in their name. Yet the Daemonic incursion was cast back by the spawn of the Old Ones and even worse was the banishment of the Shadowlord by the Chaos Gods as punishment for his failures, while Karios being wise and blessed with foresight dropped his allegiances with any who backed the Shadow Lord including the Fimir so as to avoid any such reprisals he suffered.

With the Shadow Lord banished and trapped combined with Karios's abandonment left the Fimir as outcasts from the powerful gaze of the Chaos gods, while they retained the ability to summon daemons and channel the energies of Chaos they did so without being blessed by the Chaos Gods.

With the Old Ones on longer present and the hordes of Chaos defeated the Fimir built fledgling civilisations across the Western Warhammer World, the pinnacles of these where forged on the isle of Albion and on the lush and plentiful grasslands surrounding the estuary of the great River Riek where they were able to prosper. Sadly such prosperity was not to last as the tale of the Fimir is one of misery and suffering.

The coming of the Rat like Skaven was to be the greatest plight for the Cyclopean Fimir race and with them came forth the Great Skaven wars as they two civilisations battled for resources and diabolic artefacts. The Fimir called forth Daemonic forces, calling forth Daemons into the mortal realm or binding Daemons into elemental golems animating them to serve there will these battled with the Skaven's raw sorcery as well they arcane machines these sorceries created. The Fimir's warriors were far superior to those of the Skaven but each loss they suffered was not readily replaced especially when compared to the unending hordes of the fast breeding rats. For decades there forces raged war, neither side gaining advantage for long while constantly the unleashed Chaotic powers rent the skies and altered the land. Eventually though the horns Seers of the Skaven developed a plan in which to deal a fatal blow in the conflict and they were able to create a apocalyptic blight which not only left the Fimir lands devastated and cursed rendered the Fimir females infertile an act that left them on the verge of extinction.

Defeated, outcast and ruined the Fimir were forced to hide in the depths of the Chaos tainted mash lands the Blight had created, hiding seeking a way to counteract the Skavens dire curse. Eventually they found that they could use the female of other sentient humanoid species to breed with and even though it more often than not created a lesser Fimir breed it provided them a way to survive clinging at the edges of civilisation.

Well that is the basic overview I have so much more depth I can add, as well as filling out the time line details and adding modern events. This is before looking into the cultural and religious aspects, their societies and civilisation as well as how they interact with daemons, pacts, elemental's and there attempts to free the Shadow Lord and help him gather power once more in the Warhammer World. Anyway I would greatly appreciate any feedback and ideas if you have the time...

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

There was a huge write-up in Warpstone magazine, later plagarized by a WFB fan splatbook as I recall as well.

#9 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

There was a huge write-up in Warpstone magazine, later plagarized by a WFB fan splatbook as I recall as well.

Yeah Warpstone issue 25 is all about the Fimir, though its done with more of a nod towards the 1st edition setting, my ideas were to pull them more in the other direction. I am in no way saying mine is needed or even a fitting tribute, but unlike said splatt book this is purely my idea of how they could slot into the currenty setting naturally an alternate prespective as it were. Of course I developed them to fill the role I invision them in because I enjoyied writing it.

The Question of Khaine

-The Liber Chaotica

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS