Centurion Armor

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

What about Armor Points for the Armor? Any ideas there?

Obviously, build off the Terminator Armor, with perhaps the exception of the head? I see on the armor that the normal Helmet is uncovered by the extra armor. Could be interesting with a lucky hit.

Well, in the TT they use a 2+ save, so looking towards the Terminator armor seems like a good idea. It is, however, also notable that the Centurion suit does not only not cover the head, but also the backsides of the operator's legs. The Marine literally "steps into" the suit, still wearing his normal power armour, and it folds down over his back.

So what I'd do is perhaps give the front side slightly better protection than TDA, but use standard power armour AP for the head and rear legs?

Head: 8 AP

Body: 16 AP

Arms: 14 AP

Legs: 14 AP (8 AP if shot from behind or the sides)

A small penalty to Agility/Dodge could also limit the suit's "attractivity" for players who think one of these is a free ticket for godmode massacres. :P

Definitely. No running unless they can pass a strength test maybe? Or nix running altogether. Dodge would have to be at -10 at least, if permitted at all.

#22 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

What about Armor Points for the Armor? Any ideas there?

Obviously, build off the Terminator Armor, with perhaps the exception of the head? I see on the armor that the normal Helmet is uncovered by the extra armor. Could be interesting with a lucky hit.

Well, in the TT they use a 2+ save, so looking towards the Terminator armor seems like a good idea. It is, however, also notable that the Centurion suit does not only not cover the head, but also the backsides of the operator's legs. The Marine literally "steps into" the suit, still wearing his normal power armour, and it folds down over his back.

So what I'd do is perhaps give the front side slightly better protection than TDA, but use standard power armour AP for the head and rear legs?

Head: 8 AP

Body: 16 AP

Arms: 14 AP

Legs: 14 AP (8 AP if shot from behind or the sides)

A small penalty to Agility/Dodge could also limit the suit's "attractivity" for players who think one of these is a free ticket for godmode massacres. :P

Definitely. No running unless they can pass a strength test maybe? Or nix running altogether. Dodge would have to be at -10 at least, if permitted at all.

Well Terminator Armour prevents Dodge tests and Running, so Centurion (walking tank suit) might also prohibit them.

• Lynata likes this
Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#23 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

Yeah. With AP that high and being such a large target - combined with the fact that the armor is not interfacing with the black carapace, it is totally reasonable for them to be prohibited flat out.

• Lynata likes this

#24 BrianDavion

BrianDavion

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

you could also give then abalative armor,  set a base armor then add 5 to it. each attack against the armor reduces the armor by 1 until it reaches the base. that'd be a good way to reflect "base terminator style armor with out the invul save but multipe wounds instead"

• Theofonias likes this

#25 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

you could also give then abalative armor,  set a base armor then add 5 to it. each attack against the armor reduces the armor by 1 until it reaches the base. that'd be a good way to reflect "base terminator style armor with out the invul save but multipe wounds instead"

Ah, so basically Wounds for the armor. That is not a bad idea at all. Really makes them durable for holding choke points against overwhelming odds.

#26 Fezzek

Fezzek

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

look up the stats on nemesis dreadknight armor.  uses set strength, constitution and dex.  75 for str and con and 30 I think for dex.

size increased to enormous

unnatural strength (X3)75

unnatural constitution (X3)75

dexterity 40

marine uses the wounds of the centurion (100) if reduced to 0 so is the occupant. burn fate point to survive.

essentially master-crafted force field (35) same as TDA

AP 15 all is listed for dreadknight I would give 16-18 to centurion armor front and sides maybe 15 rear

listed centurion armor weaponry

must be level 8 (devastator/assault) to use and hero renown

that's my 2 cents

end of line

#27 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

So, constitution I am assuming you mean Toughness and Dexterity I am assuming you mean Agility.

I don't like using the wounds of the centurion nearly as much as I do ablative armor and high AP.

Since I am playing a PbP it is highly unlikely that anyone will reach level 8 any time soon. This would not be an item that is available for requisition, rather it would be an item given for very special missions (perhaps only once) at my behest. 

A fun "Hold the Line" mission for Epic battles.

#28 Fezzek

Fezzek

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

laughter yeah toughness and agility, my years of D&D showing

#29 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

It happens to the best of us. No worries.

#30 Lord Master Igneus

Lord Master Igneus

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

I would say that enemies do get a bonus to hit because of the size modifier and lack of a black carapace interface. But this seems pretty balanced!

• Kshatriya and pearldrum1 like this

#31 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I would agree with you. Definitely.

#32 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

The Dreadknight is a monst(e)rous creature, and those are converted differently. The CA is nowhere near a Dreadknight.

Moreover, the force field is a conversion of its TT Invulnerable save, which Centurion armour does not give.

Using standard FFG conversions, the Cenurion armour would be something like

Strength 50, US x3

Toughness 50, UT x3

Agility 20 or so

+30 Wounds

AP 14 everywhere

NO force field

No ability to Dodge

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 09 February 2014 - 12:49 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS