Eldritch Horror Statistics

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 Daisu

Daisu

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

I had a game with Az, where rumour card had lose game, mythos card was draw and lose game, and doom going to zero which is lose game, but we had solved the mystery that turn. So in case of tie, investigators still win.  That's a lot of bad stuff happening to still consider it a win >_>

#102 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

If doom goes to zero in the same turn you solve the last mystery

I had a game with Az, where rumour card had lose game, mythos card was draw and lose game, and doom going to zero which is lose game, but we had solved the mystery that turn. So in case of tie, investigators still win.  That's a lot of bad stuff happening to still consider it a win >_>

If doom goes to zero during the mythos phase in the same turn when you met the requirements to solve the last mystery (3rd), you don't win because you need to wait the entire mythos phase to end to solve it. Thus, the AO awakened in the middle of your mythos phase, just then you'll solve your last mystery. With that, you still need to solve the final mystery if you want to win.

• Julia and City 17 like this

#103 Daisu

Daisu

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

There would be no ties if mythos does not end when you lose.

My doom was caused by my mythos card, card was also the one that if draw from depleted mythos you lose.

So mythos phase still ends, therefore incase of tie investigators win.

#104 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

The tie happens when the mythos deck is empty. When you try to draw a card from an empty mythos deck -  the mythos phase ends and then you lose the game and win it at the same time.

If doom advances during the mythos phase, causing Azatoth to wake up, you lose the game, since the mythos phase never ended.

• LETE and Julia like this

#105 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:32 AM

I find that kind of strange, though. Azathoth's wakeup ability is to end the game, sure. So if he wakes up you automatically lose.

But why does attempting to draw from an empty Mythos deck end the turn? The whole point of it is to end the game, just like Azathoth's power, so it's weird that you'd do one more step. The only reason I can think that they bothered to make it end the turn is so that you can win if you have completed all your Mysteries. But then, I feel like that should be stated as an explicit example.

#106 Mephisto666

Mephisto666

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

(Discussed In a previous thread) Fantasy Flight has said that if you finish the final mystery but there are no Mythos cards to draw at the end of that round, you still win.  (Otherwise, they game basically ends when you draw the last mythos card, as you can't possibly solve the mystery next round... I guess?)

• Pseudonym likes this

#107 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Yes, that's a good point. What's the point of playing when you know you'll lose from failing to draw a Mythos card? Makes perfect sense.

• wrath231 likes this

#108 jivjov

jivjov

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

My latest game accidently got submitted twice (from this evening, nickname on it is jivjov). Can you delete that extra row?

#109 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

Duplicate entry just submitted: - Row 2054 should be dropped as the nickname (Ar) is incomplete.

Edited by ricedwlit, 20 September 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#110 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Thanks guys. I try to scan submissions and delete duplicates but it can be a bit tough sometimes with EH's limited set of AOs.

#111 Barl

Barl

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

Did I miss something in the rules or is it just a fan invention to "score" a game? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

#112 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:38 AM

Scoring the games you've won is an official feature. I think it's detailed in the reference guide. Lower scores are better.

#113 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

Yup, reference guide, pag 14, there's an entire section titled "Scoring"

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#114 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

Hmmm forum is a bit dead now… not much things happen every one waiting for MOM. One more month…. I really burn inside to put mu hands on the box….

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#115 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

Personally, when I'm looking forward to an upcoming expansion, I think of my current set as "incomplete" and tend not to play it :P

#116 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

Sometime over the past day or so, the submission form for the stats report vanished. That is, it doesn't exist anymore, for whatever reason.

Luckily, the stats site and all the data is still there, but I'm having a real heck of a time getting it working again. I won't be able to throw much more time into it until the weekend.

In the meantime, just hold on to your data elsewhere. Keep trying the form—maybe it will reappear.

Edited by Tibs, 21 October 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#117 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

OK everyone, in response to the Google drive update hiccups, I had to change the submission form link. Update your bookmarks.

Here's the new submission form:

https://docs.google....n1k7eM/viewform

and here's the new results sheet:

https://docs.google....rive_web#gid=40

#118 hobbitshire

hobbitshire

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

Found some of my results I had written down, so decided to submit them. Victorious once only, (literally with the last action of the game, against Yog-Sothoth, doom 0, Mythos deck empty, last action of the Action Phase).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS