Eldritch Horror Statistics

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Husker949

Husker949

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

And I am at a 100% win ratio in almost 2 dozen games. We only scored one or two of them though. I think it is just from clues and blessings, although there could be bad math involved in them as well.

#82 Mash Richards

Mash Richards

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hey, I accidentally put my score in as 120 instead of in the game length part. Could you delete it please? I'd be very surprised if I calculated my score as 120 lol - Mash

#83 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

You also had your time as 100 minutes. Should I change this to 120?

#84 Yemon

Yemon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Just pulled out EH after a short hiatus and played my first full game against Yig.

Epic session. I was playing 4 players solo and cycled through 11 of the 12 investigators for a win with 2 Eldritch tokens left on Yiggy. One more mythos turn and I was toast as I had at least 2 gates of each omen type on the board.

Three mysteries with the Children of Yig (pretty easy to defeat) K'y-nan unearthed (gone in 2 turns) and winged serpant (killed 4 investigators before Jim finished him off with the carbine rifle he picked up from Silas 1 space away from Tokyo when Silas succumbed to poison)

I play random investigators so Diana didn't come in until very late and helped save the day. Jim Culver visited 2 defeated investigators before he killed the winged serpant so he got many combat upgrades before confronting Yig with the carbine rifle and Shriviling spell he was able to use over 2 turns to take off 4 health for a final win even with his curse.

But man, if investigators were eliminated during the final mystery the story would be very different.

This really let me appreciate how bad the poison and cursed conditions are as they just keep coming and coming throughout the game as everything else around was falling into chaos.

Yemon

Guardian of the Gates :ph34r:

• Husker949 likes this

#85 Humac

Humac

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

I don't know, and that's a weird one. The "-23" was in the wrong field (number of investigators devoured, or something) so I moved it into the score field.

For all I know it was a typo. But the next-lowest is -22. I have no idea how these guys are doing it: I haven't even won the game more than once!

In case of game with -23 points, (row 1367) its a mistake, it should probably say -2 or -3 maybe, u can tell just by looking at victory by final mystery. 

Game with -22 is from my group, we decided to try to score the lowest score we could.......14 doom track, almost all clues, blessings and 6 -7 hours gameplay. The max score should be -33 if i count corectly (-20 doom track, -12 clues, -3 blessing, +2 1 gate 1 monster - since u end game after mythos and u wont be able to finish it on blue one)

but have fun achieving that...... one game 6-7 hours long playing with no roleplaying, looking only at scores..That game hurt our sanity badly.  :D It wasnt worth it..

• Pseudonym likes this

#86 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Humac, I mostly agree with your analysis (and the reported -23 is, I'm sure, a mistake) but I have a couple of nitpicks:

Using FL, you can get up to -6 from blessings, and if you wait to win the game on the last mythos phase, you don't need to draw a card.

So I guess the actual lowest score possible is -38 (if playing with six players, for the six blessings).

#87 Humac

Humac

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:34 AM

Humac, I mostly agree with your analysis (and the reported -23 is, I'm sure, a mistake) but I have a couple of nitpicks:

Using FL, you can get up to -6 from blessings, and if you wait to win the game on the last mythos phase, you don't need to draw a card.

So I guess the actual lowest score possible is -38 (if playing with six players, for the six blessings).

Thanks, and also thanks for reminding me of the existence of FL, gonna buy it today :-D.

I think than rulebook says in section called "winning the game", that investigators lose the game - if they are required to draw a mythos card but cannot because mythos deck is empty". But winning or losing doenst affect counting the points.

So you can spend 6+ hours of saving the world for -36 points.

or

You can doom the world at the end for additional -2 bonus points  :D  :D .

I like that idea  :D.

Edited by Humac, 24 July 2014 - 03:50 AM.

• Husker949 likes this

#88 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

According to the reference sheet, you only score the game if you won.

#89 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

When attempting to draw a card from an empty mythos deck, you end the mythos phase and then lose the game. If you solved the third mystery on that same round, then when you end the mythos phase you score that mystery and win and lose the game simultaneously.

When this happens, the investigators actually win the game, without opening a gate/spawning a monster.

#90 Humac

Humac

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

I truly have hard time remembering and understanding all of these "complex" rules.

Everything make sense now, thanks guys.

Also someone on row 1157 managed to defeat an devour a total number of 13 investigators.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS