Eldritch Horror Statistics

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 GrooveChamp

GrooveChamp

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

I have found the game is slightly easier with fewer players, so long as it is an even number.

Even Shub? While gate spawns and monster surges produce more monsters the more players there are, her reckoning ability does not.

#42 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Have only played once against Shub Niggurath, but the thing is is that it's easier to generate a small number of clue tokens than a large number of clue tokens, even if you have more people, so for most mysteries and rumors they get solved easier and faster in a smaller game than a larger one, and it's mysteries and rumors that give me problems, almost never monsters.

#43 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Minor correction: The entry for line 339 should be "Defeat by Awakened Ancient One".

For what it's worth, this change is based on an answer I received from FFG regarding how to resovle "Doom advances" for Shub when doom is slated to advance by a value greater than one:

When an effect causes Doom to advance, it advances one space at a time until the effect is completely resolved. In the example you've mentioned, Doom is to advance by four. It advances by one first and reached the end of the Doom track, causing Shub-Niggurath to awaken. Then Doom continues to advance the remaining three, each such advancement being replaced by the Ancient One's effect. In this case, that means three Monster with spawn.

Thanks for playing!
~ Nikki Valens
Fantasy Flight Games

My entry was based on assuming that the advance of three would be just one "doom advances" and so only one monster spawns. (Of course, it was a loss either way  :) ).

Thought the rule may be interesting for others to know as it would affect other AOs as well (e.g. Cthulhu).

• Wolfgar likes this

#44 GrooveChamp

GrooveChamp

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

Have only played once against Shub Niggurath, but the thing is is that it's easier to generate a small number of clue tokens than a large number of clue tokens, even if you have more people, so for most mysteries and rumors they get solved easier and faster in a smaller game than a larger one, and it's mysteries and rumors that give me problems, almost never monsters.

Even then, you still need 2 clue tokens per monster with the Hunting the Thousand mystery. What makes that mystery the toughest in the game is not only the fact that you're spending more clues and performing tougher tasks than the other mysteries, but you're forcing your monster-killing investigator to also gather up clues, two tasks that you usually split amonst specialized investigators. You can have your clue-gathering investigator trade with your monster-killing investigator, but that's more actions you have to spend on moving and trading.

I think Shub provides the best challenge (Yog and Azathoth need the easy mythos cars removed to be a threat), but Hunting the Thousand is definitely far tougher than any other mystery in the game. If you happen to never draw it when playing against Shub, her difficulty is cut in half.

#45 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Almost all the Ancient Ones have a really BS difficulty mystery. The mystery to seal gates with Azathoth for example is a pain.

#46 Vala_Melkor

Vala_Melkor

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Almost all the Ancient Ones have a really BS difficulty mystery. The mystery to seal gates with Azathoth for example is a pain.

Such is the power of the Great Old One! All shall live in fear of their Mystery Cards .. mwahahahaahaaaaa!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... [laughs] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched cBeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

#47 MoxieMoxie

MoxieMoxie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

I have to agree that Hunting the Hundred is extremely difficult.  ESPECIALLY if it's pulled as the first mystery.  Which is exactly what just happened to me playing 2 investigators (Lily and Charlie).  Early game you've got no gear, not many monsters or clues have spawned...rough.

I solved this clue and had only 2 cards left in the Mythos deck due to not having the clues needed and the first 3 monsters being 1 health only.  Next time I pull this card first it's a reshuffle of the mystery deck for me. :-)

#48 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

I'm pretty sure the game as a whole is easier with even players <_<

At least, that's been my experience.  Our group tends to win with evens and lose with odds.  It may be due to aspects only really getting harder on odd player intervals and everything in the game being universally rounded up.

Edited by Shining Aquas, 08 January 2014 - 12:38 AM.

My Custom Creation Thread - Tons of content of all kinds, just download and print yourself.

My Custom Gallery - Previews of everything I've made in one convenient space.

#49 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

I'm pretty sure the game as a whole is easier with even players <_<

At least, that's been my experience.  Our group tends to win with evens and lose with odds.  It may be due to aspects only really getting harder on odd player intervals and everything in the game being universally rounded up.

Yes in case of gates opening monster surge and clues with odd number you meet same conditions. But effect on the mysterys cards is most of rhe time belongs to number of investigators so Is balanced. Is not going easy in my opinion since you must to make kore actions.
Wizard is never late.......

#50 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Upping this thread for visibility so that newcomers know they can record their games and help the community :)

• Fenyx likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#51 rovdjuret

rovdjuret

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

I accidentally game 770 and 771  :), Could you please remove them? 

#52 eagletsi111

eagletsi111

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Do you have a link that shows statistics so far?

#53 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Have you considered reading the first post of this thread? Or did I miss something in your question? :puzzled:

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#54 eagletsi111

eagletsi111

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Have you considered reading the first post of this thread? Or did I miss something in your question? :puzzled:

Nice sorry about that.   I looked at this on my phone and didn't even see that.    Great stuff here!

#55 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

Hey, no probs ;) Good that you find them!

#56 Husker949

Husker949

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Tibbs, my first submission has a mistake. I forgot to type in 1 defeated and 1 devoured.

#57 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

Got all the corrections up to this point.

• Husker949 likes this

#58 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:46 AM

Lost my last game to Nyralathotep, which is weird, because he's not in the game. Also, are Artifact cards suppose to bleed when played or drawn?

Edited by Wolfgar, 17 March 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#59 Husker949

Husker949

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Finished a 3rd game Saturday against Cthulu, almost lost came down to the last mythos card and if a reckoning happened (which it would have) the game would have been lost. Diana with the sacrificial play to go insane but deal enough damage to kill Cthulu.

#60 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hey guys. For reasons I won't get into unless truly prodded, I was unhappy with the formula for calculating the game's length as a function of player count.

I spent the better part of the day updating the spreadsheet, but I now believe that the currently displayed values are much more accurate.

• Fenyx and Husker949 like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS