• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Buzter

Buzter

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Hi

A couple of people in our gamegroup recently played 3rd edition at an rp convention and got really hooked. Now we got some money doneted to get a really good set of some game and we are thinking about getting Warhammer but there are some questions we need to adress before we decide.

Our gamegroup consists of about 20 people but we usually are between 4 and 8 in a session. We have a couple of good experienced GM's and a couple thats getting there. The rest of the group are all from new players to seasond rp'ers and we thought this might be a good game to "start new" with to get the new people into the group as well.

What I read the game is for 4 people with the GM but we need to be some more.

My questions:

1. How many can comfortably play the game at the same time?

2. Are there any resources on what changes need to be made with more players?

3. Any good "homemade" scenarios for more players?

4. Are there enough caracter combinations to make it interresteing? Not much fun if the caracters are too similar

5. The core set seems to be light if you want additional players. How do you handle that? Additional cores or vaults?

Game on!

//Buzter

If the game works with additional players, what sets would be needed to handle the need for more cards without the need to "copy" cards? As we have a person donating up to about $600 to get one single game but with all the bells and wistles needed for the club we can buy multiple sets if needed.

We have borrowed the core set and will play through some scenarios before we decide what game to go for but if it was your game group with that money how would you spend it to get the most "bang for the buck" for what we need?

#2 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Well. The core set has equipment for a GM and 3 players I think. Then you can buy the Adventurers Toolkit for a fourth player.

I would not recomend playing this RPG with more than a GM and 4 people I think. But then I would say that goes for just about any RPG. The more people playing, the less playtime there is for each player. WFRP3e has the added problem of there being a LOT of cards and counters involved with many players,

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I started a thread on RPG geek, because this topic comes up often.  Here it is:  http://rpggeek.com/a...062539#14062539

I've run it for 8 at conventions.  It works fine, but the GM has to keep players moving (like any RPG), and you have to consider like any RPG, you want everyone to have enough dice to play (or a computerized roller).

to answer your other q's:

1. How many can comfortably play the game at the same time?

*  It's just like ANY OTHER RPG.  You have to have the resources to play though. You also need to make sure the players are prompt and "trained" on how to translate dice quickly and reference results quickly.  If you get players who play slow, you'll have an extra slow game.  (see thread above)

2. Are there any resources on what changes need to be made with more players?

(see thread above)

3. Any good "homemade" scenarios for more players?

* Good question.  I'd recommend "One hand gives, the other takes away" from the scenario contest.  As with all large groups, investigative stuff plays differently, and combat stuff plays more easily.  

4. Are there enough caracter combinations to make it interresteing? Not much fun if the caracters are too similar

* Yes.  That's the beauty of this game. 

5. The core set seems to be light if you want additional players. How do you handle that? Additional cores or vaults?

(see thread above on rpggeek)

best,

jh

Edited by Emirikol, 21 November 2013 - 02:31 PM.

• Keeop likes this

#4 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Agreed. Additional cores and vaults take care of the bits for big group play, but in my opinion the sweet spot with this game is a GM and 4 players. Your mileage may vary :)

#5 Buzter

Buzter

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies and input, we got some things to think about. The group played waround with the core all weekend more or less and had a blast. Some glaring weaknesses but I guess thats why they make the other stuff so we buy it lol

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS