A couple of people in our gamegroup recently played 3rd edition at an rp convention and got really hooked. Now we got some money doneted to get a really good set of some game and we are thinking about getting Warhammer but there are some questions we need to adress before we decide.
Our gamegroup consists of about 20 people but we usually are between 4 and 8 in a session. We have a couple of good experienced GM's and a couple thats getting there. The rest of the group are all from new players to seasond rp'ers and we thought this might be a good game to "start new" with to get the new people into the group as well.
What I read the game is for 4 people with the GM but we need to be some more.
1. How many can comfortably play the game at the same time?
2. Are there any resources on what changes need to be made with more players?
3. Any good "homemade" scenarios for more players?
4. Are there enough caracter combinations to make it interresteing? Not much fun if the caracters are too similar
5. The core set seems to be light if you want additional players. How do you handle that? Additional cores or vaults?
If the game works with additional players, what sets would be needed to handle the need for more cards without the need to "copy" cards? As we have a person donating up to about $600 to get one single game but with all the bells and wistles needed for the club we can buy multiple sets if needed.
We have borrowed the core set and will play through some scenarios before we decide what game to go for but if it was your game group with that money how would you spend it to get the most "bang for the buck" for what we need?