Whole New Corp Faction

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 XerxesPraelor

XerxesPraelor

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

This used to be a new corporation, but I made it what I hope the Jinteki big pack will turn out to be.

IDs
Jinteki- AGI Development
40/10
At the beginning of each of your turns, discard a card and gain a click.

Septus - Frozen Elegance
45/10
3rc - Use these credits for installing ice.

Jinteki - Providing Excellence Worldwide
45/10
Whenever the runner installs a program, you may draw a card.

Ice

Renew
Sentry - SMPL

Cost: 3

Strength: 5

Influence: 1
-Clear Virus Counters

Recurse
Sentry - SMPL - AP

Cost: 6

Strength: 0

Influence: 3
The subroutines of this ice cannot be broken unless all subroutines under them are broken.
-Do one brain damage.
-The runner draws a card
-Do one meat damage
-The runner draws a card
-Do one net damage
-The runner draws a card

Redirect
Code Gate - SMPL - Deflector

Cost: 7

Influence: 4
-Rez a piece of ice. The runner encounters that piece of ice and continues on the server of the rezzed ice.

Refactor
Code Gate - SMPL

Strength: 4

Influence: 2
-Swap the positions of up to 5 ice. No position may be occupied that was not occupied before this subroutine.

React
Sentry - SMPL

Cost: 4

Strength: 1

-Choose Sentry, Code Gate, or Barrier. All ice the runner encounters in this run has only that subtype.

Remonstrate
Barrier - SMPL

Strength: 3

-The runner may not make any additional runs for the rest of his turn.

Retie
Sentry - SMPL - Destroyer

Cost: 5

Strength: 3

-Trace5: If the trace succeeds, tag the runner.
-If the runner is tagged, trash a program.

Reform
Sentry - SMPL

-You may swap one card installed in the root of a server with a card from your hand. Any advancement tokens are inherited.

NP-Deadly
Code Gate - Illicit - Destroyer - AP

Cost: 10

Strength: 4

-The runner loses click, if able.
-If the runner has 0 clicks, end the run.
-If the runner has 0 clicks, trash a program.
-If the runner has 0 clicks, do 1 brain damage.
When you rez this, gain one bad publicity.

Wall of Apps
Barrier - Advertisement

Cost: 4

Strength: 2

-The corp gains 3c.
-End the run.

Wall of Lightning.
Barrier

Cost: 8

-The runner takes 1 net damage.
-The runner may jack out immediately.
-Trash a program.
-End the run.

Wall of Fire
Sentry/Barrier/Code Gate

Strength: 1

-End the run.
-The runner takes 1 net damage.
Icebreakers must pay 1c extra to break the subroutines on this piece of ice.

Agendas:

Singularity Simulation
5/5
As an additional cost to score or steal Singularity Simulation, you must forfeit an agenda and pay 3c.

Satellite Frost Beams
4/2
This agenda is worth 1 agenda point in the runner's score pile.

Gear Shifter
5/2
When you score this card, install a card in the server gear shifter just left and place an advancement token on it, even if it cannot normally be advanced.

Clone Tutors
5/3
When you score this card, search R&D and install 2 pieces of ice from it, ignoring all install costs. Shuffle R&D.

Work In progress
4/3
When this card is scored it is not placed in the corporation's score area. (it gives points to the corporation, but can still be stolen by the runner)

Assets:

Volunteer Work

Trash Cost: 4

SMPL ice has +1 strength and gains an End the Run subroutine after all other subroutines.

Friendly Testers

Trash Cost: 4

The outermost ice of each server costs 3 less credits to rez.

Vorens Occidor
Cost: 2

Trash Cost: 2

Click: gain 4c and 1 bad publicity.

Maintenance Work
Cost: 1

Trash Cost: 0

This card can be advanced.
Trash: Move all advancement counters on this card to other installed cards.

Director Quintus
Cost: 2

Infinite Influence
This card can be advanced only while face down.
When rezzed, all ice has +1 strength per 2 advancement tokens on this card.
When the runner accesses this card, add it to the runner's score area as an agenda worth 2 agenda points.

Upgrades

Tuesday
Sysop

Cost: 0

Trash Cost: 9

Whenever the runner encounters ice on this server per run, you may pay any number of credits and boost the strength of the ice by 1 per 2 credits you paid.

Athenian Ruins
Region

Trash Cost: 5

Gain 3c whenever ice on this server is trashed, derezzed, or exposed.

Vatican Underground.

Trash Cost: 3

After an unsuccessful run on this server, you lose 1 bad publicity.

Operations

Grand Reveal
Transaction

Rez all the ice on one server, paying the rez cost as normal. Gain 3c per card you rezzed.

Dare

Double

As an additional cost to play this card, spend click.
The runner may begin a run on a server of your choice. If the run is unsuccessful, gain 7c.

Secret Contact

Shuffle HQ into R&D. Draw one card per card you shuffled into R&D.

Prototype Fixing

Derez any amount of ice. Gain 5c per piece of ice derezzed.

Indoctrination

Play only if the runner is tagged. As an additional cost to play this card, remove all tags.

Do two brain damage.

Simple Replacement

Cost: 0

Gain Click. Swap two installed cards (you may not swap ice with something that is not ice)

Edited by XerxesPraelor, 26 November 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

"Septus is the corp of ice: powerful ice, large servers, and clever effects."

Sounds just like Haas Bioroid. They are the big ice corp with clever effects, Bioroids are artificial intelligence so you can't get cleverer ice than that. I don't see a simple programming company being a megacorp when HB pretty much own the market.

Otherwise, some interesting cards that would find nice homes in any of the 3.

#3 XerxesPraelor

XerxesPraelor

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

Okay, since I've gotten similar replies when I posted this elsewhere, I'll make this all Jinteki.

Edited by XerxesPraelor, 22 November 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#4 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

I got halfway through before my attention wandered, but I'd say some of the ice is Jinteki-flavored, and some is HB. You've got some interesting concepts, but making up imaginary cards for "what I hope the Jinteki big pack will turn out to be" is pretty much an epic waste of time--your odds of accurate prediction, or of influencing the design process, are essentially zero. I'm not trying to be harsh, mind you--you've got some interesting ideas, ones I wouldn't mind building a deck around, but unless FFG decides to start doing Champion Cards for ANR, it's not really much to talk about.

#5 XerxesPraelor

XerxesPraelor

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, I know it's a waste of time, but it's a fun waste of time, and I hoped other people would enjoy some of it. It would be better if I could edit the proxy cards, but I can't figure out how to do that. In general, every game I meet that it makes sense for, I like to make things up for it. I feels there's tons of design space out there for anr, and I wish more of it was used. All the 2.0 ice, for example seem kind of boring. I mean, it's just stronger and more expensive bioroids. Some time in the future I might save up some money for a cash prize for a tournament involving these cards, just to see what people do with them.

P.S. What is Champion Cards? It sounds like the winner of the tournament gets to design a card. If they start doing that, I'll probably waste all my time practicing a:nr just to get that prize.

#6 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

You got it.  Check out the print on the bottom of this card:
http://www.cardgamed...reams-arotd.jpg

Also a bonus, that's the player himself depicted on the card, standing in the doorway.

Edited by Grimwalker, 26 November 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#7 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

only a couple suggestions to your concepts:

On Wall of Lightning, I would switch the Jack-out and trash program subroutines. Since subroutines can be broken in any order, but must resolve from top to bottom, giving a subroutine that allows the runner to jack-out before their program is trashed (if they jack-out before full resolution or you return the ice to your hand or derez it, it stops the subroutines cold) is not very conducive to punishing them for running into the ice.

On Doctor Quintus, while a good concept, I would remove the "round up" part of the advancement benefit. It doesn't give incentive to advance it more than an odd number. That's the same reason why agendas like Project Beale and Braintrust are a gamble to try for the extra points and/or abilities. To say "Hey, you've only got 3 advancements on this, but it's okay. Your ice will still be +2 STR." is counterproductive to the point of the card.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#8 XerxesPraelor

XerxesPraelor

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Well, the point of the jack out thing is that it makes the ice a lot worse than it would be. Don't you think it would be too powerful with that subroutine out? Maybe I can buff it a ton and swap the net damage with the trash, but I feel like having to break 3 subroutines is an okay swap for making the runner lose less when facechecking.

With quintus, I'll make that change. You have a very good point.

Also, does anyone here use OCTGN? My account is XerxesPraelor. I'd really like to test these out, and OCTGN's platform makes proxies really easy.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS