Photo

Have you had anyone want to stop playing the campaign?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 JorduSpeaks

JorduSpeaks

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Do NOT pull punches.  In my experience, pulling punches with a group of heroes even once can make the rest of the campaign a total cakewalk for the heroes.  I think it should be okay to implement a catch-up mechanic, so long as it's applied to both sides.  Try this:  at the beginning of each Act II quest, each side will get a number of fortune tokens equal to the number of quests they've lost (in this situation, the overlord can use fortune).  The rules for fortune are online, and you can pretty much use anything as the tokens.

• SolennelBern likes this

#22 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Do NOT pull punches.  In my experience, pulling punches with a group of heroes even once can make the rest of the campaign a total cakewalk for the heroes.  I think it should be okay to implement a catch-up mechanic, so long as it's applied to both sides.  Try this:  at the beginning of each Act II quest, each side will get a number of fortune tokens equal to the number of quests they've lost (in this situation, the overlord can use fortune).  The rules for fortune are online, and you can pretty much use anything as the tokens.

Not a bad idea at all...but i'll see how it goes before adding rules in our campaign.

I still think that they would do A LOT better if they worked as a team and not four separate entities.  Seeing the Beastmaster calling out loud "It's my turn now" without consulting and strategizing and after his turn end up blocking LOS to 2 other Heroes is so priceless.

Thinking about it, I should not pull punches when I see dumb and hilarious plays like that... ;P

#23 kerred

kerred

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

To the people that play with only two people, if you are going to do that how many characters should the hero player use?  To me I get the feeling the game is balanced around four heroes but that's a lot of stuff for one person to keep track of.

The rulebook says two heroes.  But I guess a better question would be 'how many heroes do you think the player can handle'.

My friend is playing two heroes, a Champion and Thief.   He keeps forgetting he has the horn, lucky charm, shield, and skills.  I helped him by reminding him of everything before and after his turn :)   Eventually (by the 3rd Act I) he can somehwat remember.

So I would recommend two unless the player has a system of checking EVERYTHING before, during, and after their turns, including checking other people's abilities.

#24 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

My first campaign was played with 3 players where the 2 hero players controlled 2 heroes each.  It went REALLY well and the synergy and teamwork was at it's best.

The OL didn't stand a chance :P

#25 Light Bright

Light Bright

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yes. All of us.

Luckily the game was givin to me so no lose in money. Game seems over hyped we are hoping that Battle Lore is are game. Pathfinder adventure CARD game is better. Yes I compared this to a card game.

#26 Cursain

Cursain

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yes. All of us.

Luckily the game was givin to me so no lose in money. Game seems over hyped we are hoping that Battle Lore is are game. Pathfinder adventure CARD game is better. Yes I compared this to a card game.

You trolling or something?  Please explain.

#27 Light Bright

Light Bright

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Yes. All of us.

You trolling or something?  Please explain.

We gained, we played,we read up, we disliked it.

#28 griton

griton

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

To each their own. It's not a game for everyone. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS