IG-88

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

According to Wookiepedia AND Jedipedia the ship is 20m long.

Did we figure out the Falcon's length yet?

I have been looking up Star Blazers ship models...so I have not done a full search on our length discrepancy...Ha!

THE Rodent will know.

^_^

Say Ratt how big is the Falcon?

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

BOSS SHOP SCI-FI MODELING  STAR BLAZERS 2199 PROJECT

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 2] [Y-WING: 1] [YT-1300: 1] *CAPITOL SHIPS* [TANTIVE IV: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 12] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 3] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 3] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 4] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA CLASS: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1]

#42 HoundsTooth

HoundsTooth

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

I think I would rather have a Skipray... the IG-2000 looks a bit icky, and not terribly Star Wars.

I quiet like the look of Dengar's ship, the Punishing One. That's around the 20 metre mark and looks quiet 'Star Wars-y'. 

On the topic of IG-88, it would be quiet cool to run a 4x IG-2000 fleet, each one piloted by a different IG-88 droid!  :D

#43 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

According to Starwars.com it's 34.75m long. The shorter value comes from a WEG RPG book. I'd say that given FFG's dedication to keeping things to scale, and comparing it to the Firespray, the 34.75m lenth seems correct.
  • Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#44 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

According to Starwars.com it's 34.75m long. The shorter value comes from a WEG RPG book. I'd say that given FFG's dedication to keeping things to scale, and comparing it to the Firespray, the 34.75m lenth seems correct.

Cool then. The reason I am wanting to be sure of this is because I have been using the actual FFG Model to compare with other fancy models I want to add to the game world, like my super Pirates and the micro machines version of the I.G. 2000 we have been talking about here.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 2] [Y-WING: 1] [YT-1300: 1] *CAPITOL SHIPS* [TANTIVE IV: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 12] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 3] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 3] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 4] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA CLASS: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1]

#45 TheRealStarkiller

TheRealStarkiller

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

How about this stats for the IG-2000:

Large Base

Attack: 2 (forward arc only)

Defence: 2 (i think a 3 is too high for a large ship)

Hull: 4

Shields: 6

Slots: Cannon, System Upgrade, System Upgrade, Droid

Actions: TL, evade, BR

No red manoeuvres on the dial, sharp turns and K-Turns are white

more to come

Sir, rebel transports sighted \                              / Affirmative.                                                           

(-o-)  (-o-)    (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)    (-o-)  (-o-) 

Excellent! Gamma wing, prepare for torpedo run. We'll provide cover.

|-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   (<o>)   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   

#46 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Large Base

At 20m it could go on either one. The HWK-290 is 16.5m, and it's on the small base, but maybe that's the biggest ship you want to put on one.

#47 CrookedWookie

CrookedWookie

• Members
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Nevermind IG-88... When are we going to see this guy make an appearance?  ;)  :lol:

Bossk_-_SWG_TCG.jpg

Like a Bossk!

• Viceroy Bolda likes this

#48 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

What would be the difference between he four IG88 models, as far as the game goes?

How about just reading post #20

Yup.  saw that.  I'm interested in other people's ideas that might be tailored to the abilities of droid pilots. 

Large Base

At 20m it could go on either one. The HWK-290 is 16.5m, and it's on the small base, but maybe that's the biggest ship you want to put on one.

Wookie says that the Lambda shuttle is 20m long.  So, maybe a big base?

Edited by Viceroy Bolda, 20 November 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Bulldog

"What's 'e going to do?  Nibble my bum?"

#49 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

My little house rule is to put any ship that is 2.5 inches or longer on a big base. It looks right to me. So the Hawk is the largest ship to go on a small base, as of this post. I have several ideas for Medium ships so I got this issue squared away neat in my head about a month ago, after I started writing up my Pirate fleet list.

#50 LeoHowler

LeoHowler

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

There really does need to be a Pirate or Black Sun faction. I want to see a Star Viper pretty bad.

• Swarmtactics and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

~Remember Alderaan~

Alliance Fleet: 3 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300

Imperial Navy: 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Bomber, 2 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Advance x1, 1 Lambda Class Shuttle, 2 Firespray 31

#51 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Yep I definitely want to see a Pirate Faction. I think you could release something like a pirate Gozanti Cruiser, with varient cards for some of the ships, like the Firespray, HWK etc, and then release maybe a Die-Wing and one of the Hutt fighters.. And there you go.. a playable faction.

#52 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Pirate faction needs these.

https://www.shapeway...t&materialId=61

Tie-wings

Bulldog

"What's 'e going to do?  Nibble my bum?"

#53 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

Yup. I went crazy with my Pirates, already started in secrete, but that can wait for it's own topic in Boss Builds...The Second Trilogy.

:ph34r:

Dunt-dunt-daa!

:lol:

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven, 22 November 2013 - 12:13 AM.

• Viceroy Bolda and Digitalkiller like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS