Daemon's and Infamy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zenoth16

Zenoth16

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

So I am looking to bind a daemon into my Slaaneshi Apostate's Weapon and found something a little odd. Almost none of the daemons have Infamy bonuses in the adversary section but on page 201 the example describes a bloodletter having 24 Infamy. So my question is how do I get the Impervious attribute without having to summon Daemon Princes?

#2 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

By binding a daemon with an Infamy bonus. Simple as that.

There are individual daemons with higher infamy than others of its kind. Up to your GM, as they're not statted.

#3 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Yeah, you can't just summon a Daemonette and use it to make a weapon with one of the higher attributes. You need a powerful daemon.

What DOES both me is that the Daemonette fas a Fellowship of, I think, 08? What the hell?

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 20 November 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#4 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, you can't just summon a Daemonette and use it to make a weapon with one of the higher attributes. You need a powerful daemon.

What DOES both me is that the Daemonette fas a Fellowship of, I think, 08? What the hell?

Why?

It' doesn't even have any interaction skills so why would it need fellowship. Remember Daemonette is Lesser Daemon of Slaanes.

Keeper of Secrets, now there's a Daemon to fear with its silver tongue.

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#5 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Why?

It' doesn't even have any interaction skills so why would it need fellowship. Remember Daemonette is Lesser Daemon of Slaanes.

Keeper of Secrets, now there's a Daemon to fear with its silver tongue.

Because in every other 40K line they are described as terrifyingly alluring and seductive. In Deathwatch they have a Fellowship of 50 and Charm +20.

#6 Zenoth16

Zenoth16

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

But if you look at the example they give on page 201 it says "A Bloodletter of Khorne with an Infamy of 24 has been bound into an Axe..." but if you look at a bloodletter on page 352 it has a Infamy of - -. My point is why wouldn't every Daemon have some sort of Infamy, not hight but some.

#7 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Because not every daemon is powerful enough to be infamous?

Daemons are creatures of Chaos, their stats aren't set in stone, just like you might find a Mutant Devotee somewhere with a Strength stat of 44 rather than 42. Research specific bloodletters and you just might find some that are stronger and more renowned than the rest - and thus more infamous.

The classic example would be Skulltaker.

#8 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

But if you look at the example they give on page 201 it says "A Bloodletter of Khorne with an Infamy of 24 has been bound into an Axe..." but if you look at a bloodletter on page 352 it has a Infamy of - -. My point is why wouldn't every Daemon have some sort of Infamy, not hight but some.

Daemons are individuals with individual personalities and histories and names. Rralath the Bloodletter who slew a Grey Knight has an Infamy score. Brarthbar the Bloodletter who never actually managed to kill anything and showed up to the battles late does not.

If you want a non-generic daemon with Infamy, you're going to have to find it by name, which means doing research or maybe the goal of a Compact.

Edited by bogi_khaosa, 21 November 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#9 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

If you summon a named, specific daemonette- effectively a minor herald- it's going to have an infamy score.  If you perform the generic summoning ritual, you might get one... and you might get her retarded cousin from the backwoods branch of the daemonette family tree.

If you start doing the research to get a true name to work with, your odds of summoning a daemonette with an infamy score- or a true herald- become much greater.

Personally, I'd just find a star system with six inhabited celestial bodies, enact a plan to cause them all to indulge in excess on a drug with a ritualistic trigger, weaken the veil and summon Gelth'ria'tin SixBoobs the Keeper of Secrets, and bind her using a ritual that uses the trigger to make everyone who indulged in the drug (to excess) a sacrifice to Slaanesh.  But I tend to think big, and it seems likely that this would summon a whole bunch of loose daemonettes as a side effect.  Probably a warp storm, too.

Also, I suspect summon daemon princes will be your best bet, as they tend to have higher infamy than even greater daemons, but lower stats.  Food for thought.

Edited by Annaamarth, 09 December 2013 - 10:24 PM.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS