• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

New SW Art Sleeve announcement.

I am excited about the new sleeves, but alas, I do not like the Leia sleeves (again).

Welcome to the machine!

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'm really looking forward to the Vader and Luke sleeves.  I wonder how long we'll have to wait for them...

#3 Vanadio

Vanadio

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

This is one of the best things happened in the world this year. I love them badly. I need them.

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

The Vader art is the same from the DS Challenge deck.

Welcome to the machine!

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Given this, I wonder if we'll eventually see new community avatars? I like a lot of the art in this game so far, and it'd be nice to be wearing some of it.
  • Holliday88 likes this
"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#6 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

I really dig the new charging-into-battle-Luke.

That´s a nerdgasm right there.

• MarthWMaster likes this

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

The Vader art is the same from the DS Challenge deck.

So it is.  I knew I had seen that artwork before and just couldn't place it.  It's such awesome work though, I'm glad they picked it for being on sleeves as well.

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

It's more obvious, but I just thought I'd mention it in case someone missed it: the Jabba art is the same as on his card.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#9 chunkygorillas

chunkygorillas

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

I really love the trooper assault art. I hope these come out soon >.<

Edited by chunkygorillas, 21 November 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#10 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

I continue to fail to understand why anyone likes art sleeves or indeed anything beyond clear sleeves for any game. Oh well, more power to you.

#11 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

I continue to fail to understand why anyone likes art sleeves or indeed anything beyond clear sleeves for any game. Oh well, more power to you.

Captain 2-Cents to the rescue  ;)

#12 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Technically for tournament play, if you wish to use any of the promo cards (aurabesh or alternate art cards) you must use opaque sleeves; so why not Star Wars art?

Welcome to the machine!

#13 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Technically for tournament play, if you wish to use any of the promo cards (aurabesh or alternate art cards) you must use opaque sleeves; so why not Star Wars art?
Someone who does not understand the rationale behind art sleeves is unlikely to to do so for the use of promotional cards (at least in games that lack gameplay-exclusive promos, as all LCGs thankfully do).

Edited by MarthWMaster, 24 November 2013 - 09:35 AM.

– Beethoven

#14 Vanadio

Vanadio

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

I personally use only KMC black super or white pearl for all thousands cards I play.
Still, having such an art on sleeves is good to have. They could host the deck of the tournament I'll never play, or just sit there empty, they are heavily needed to own.

#15 Ineti

Ineti

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

New sleeves are available.

Anyone else getting some? I ordered a bunch from CoolStuff and should be getting them tomorrow with some other FFG goodies. I missed out on most of the first wave of sleeves last year, and am looking forward to using these.

#16 Toggle

Toggle

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

My excessive order of awesome sleeves just arrived from Team Covenant.

• Khyros likes this

#17 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Give.  Me.  The.  Jabba.

#18 Toggle

Toggle

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Any ideas on what to put my Scum objectives in for my new Jabba-sleeved deck?

#19 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Some darkish-green ultra pro sleeves :-p

I just sleeve all of my DS objectives in Red and LS in Blue, then use the art sleeves for command decks.

#20 Toggle

Toggle

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

I just picked up some brown Dragon Shields today for another game, and have 10 to spare.  I don't like the little logo bubble on Ultra Pros.

I've been using the Lightsaber art sleeves for all LS objectives and the Force Lightning sleeves for DS objectives.  Command decks have been in the movie poster sleeves or the X-Wing/Star Destroyer sleeves.  Now I have better options.

Edited by Toggle, 19 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

• KennedyHawk likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS