Phoenix Potion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I am almost certain I just read a thread on this recently but can't find it anywhere now!

I just got done playing a Talisman game with my son. He got to the center and ended up with the alternate ending with the Scepter. This may be a home brew alternate ending. But the card states when anyone loses a life while the Scepter is in battle they are killed. (loss of all lives)

Unfortunately for my son when he teleported to fight me I had the spell that doubled my strength and I beat him.

He had the Phoenix potion.  The question is would he lose because he was killed by effect, or would the potion indeed save him?

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#2 darthmax

darthmax

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

I think he is still killed by effect. The potion just replenishes lives

#3 Croonos

Croonos

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

Ok but Grim Reaper says at 1: "Lose all lives, you are killed"
From the rules: "Any character who loses all of his lives is immediately killed"
Thus, if being killed = lose all your lives = last life?
Can we therefore use Phoenix Potion to prvent from being killed by Grim Reaper or Basilisk?

#4 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Ok but Grim Reaper says at 1: "Lose all lives, you are killed"
From the rules: "Any character who loses all of his lives is immediately killed"
Thus, if being killed = lose all your lives = last life?
Can we therefore use Phoenix Potion to prvent from being killed by Grim Reaper or Basilisk?

The Rulebook says "lose all lives = killed", not the other way around (killed = lose all lives). The same goes for the Grim Reaper.

Unfortunately, "killed" is frequently used as a keyword but was never fully defined as a keyword. All that we can say is that common perception of the keyword is that when you are killed, you are out of the game and no effect that heals lives or prevents the loss of life will save you. Otherwise, a simple "Preservation" or "Restoration" Spell would save you from the Grim Reaper, Vindication or Basilisk.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS