• 1,879 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

heres the squad im playing tomorrow at my LGS:

100pts

Dagger Squadron + Advanced Sensors (27)

Blue Squadron + Heavy Laser Cannon (29)

Rookie Pilot (21)

Gold Squadron Pilot + Ion Cannon (23)

i only have one advanced sensors upgrade but im happy with trying out the HLC.

Im planning on running them in two wings at the start and push the X and B with adv. sensors to the front supported by long range fire from the HLC + ion from the back.

any suggestions how else to start during setup. im expecting to see at least one tie-swarm (thats why im opting for the Y-Wing as i think it gives me a few more options than running a straight BBXX version). Lets see how it goes though.

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 15 November 2013 - 03:43 PM.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#2 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

That is very similar to a list I want to start trying out

Gold Squad

Ion Cannon

R5

Biggs

R2-F2

Rookie

Dagger

Adv Sensors

#3 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Keep biggs at the back, throw the B-Wing up closer as well as the X-Wing. The Y-Wing should get out of biggs invulnerability field and try to draw fire from the damage producers and possibly ion a tie, maybe howl if she is running with a tie swarm.

Against a biggs + etc list, use main blasters on the y-wing and hope biggs dies in one turn. If he doesn't you have problems. Ion wedge/next scariest thing after moving a 3 bank left/right while trying to break formation from the biggs field. If you can, draw fire from biggs with the y-wing by making a really tempting range 1 target for a ship instead of everything focusing on biggs. 

If you can get biggs to live for one additional turn, you are doing well. 

#4 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

This is a pretty nice list, i like it because you have essentially 4 strong picks that do totally different things.

The only thing that could perhaps improve this list is downgrading to a second Blue squadron and give Your HLC ship a Fire control system. That would also make you PS2 across the board for total freedom of movement. But i'm not really sure if it's worth sacrificing the PS4. Shooting begore rookies and obsidians might sometimes be worth it.

What i plan to run after seeing the world champion's list is the following.

Biggs
3x Blue squadron with advanced sensors.

This after seeing his X-Wing bite the bullet every game while his daggers won games while just being a slippery with advanced sensors. So why not 3 of those...

Edited by ForceM, 15 November 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#5 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

This is a pretty nice list, i like it because you have essentially 4 strong picks that do totally different things.

The only thing that could perhaps improve this list is downgrading to a second Blue squadron and give Your HLC ship a Fire control system. That would also make you PS2 across the board for total freedom of movement. But i'm not really sure if it's worth sacrificing the PS4. Shooting begore rookies and obsidians might sometimes be worth it.

What i plan to run after seeing the world champion's list is the following.

Biggs
3x Blue squadron with advanced sensors.

This after seeing his X-Wing bite the bullet every game while his daggers won games while just being a slippery with advanced sensors. So why not 3 of those...

i also was impressed with the slipperyness that B-Wings plus advanced sensors provides. they can move nicely in close and give even the high agility ties problems.

i bought my 3rd B-Wing the other day, even though most ppl seem to be playing 2 of them in combination with x-wings (rookies, red sqdrns or Biggs as in the worlds finals list). I can see that playing 3 in the same squad could be good. BBBAA is possible, im not sure id go BBBB though time will tell if its worth playing 4.

i think the PS of 4 could be a factor in beating some squads - the jury is undecided at this point. ill see how the squad ive posted goes and post up some feedback tomorrow night :)

the B-Wing with HLC will most likely attract a lot of attention early on, essentially operating like a spuedo-Biggs but with more firepower early game. if i was playing against my list id make the Blue Squadron Pilot with HLC the priority target as its going to do plenty of damage if its left to fire away at range.

i agree the 4 ships do different things, which is what i like as its got versatility. if its competitive against a tie-swarm then i know im on the right track.

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 15 November 2013 - 07:09 PM.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#6 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

i played vs a tie swarm. howlrunner + backstabber + 4 obsidian pilots (the 4 PS guy). he had some interesting things for upgrades. engine upgrade of backstabber which was really cool. and DTF on one of his ties.

was a close game but i lost (modified win for him).

my Y-wing hit howlrunner 3 times in a row but he was still getn used of her ability so kinda wished that y-wing was an x-wing in this one.

anyway good game. i took out 2 of his ties but i lost my B-Wing.

Lord Vader

#7 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

2nd match i changed up my squad and played YYBXX. my opponent ran 8 academy ties. i won a modified victory. his guys lacked punch wout howlrunner imo. the 6-7 tie builds r superior.

Lord Vader

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS