Something I've been flying

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Through table talk at worlds I talked about a list I've been using to kill swarms with some decent results. Now that worlds is Over and I chose not to fly it in favor of running Han Shoots First I comfortable sharing it. This list struggles with two or more large ships or four ship rebel builds. That being said I've taken down more than one tie swarm with it shooting my way from lowest PS to highest.

Focus this Focus that
Biggs 25

Wedge 29
R2 unit 1
Ptl 3

Ten Numb 31
Autoblaster 5
Sensor jammer 4
Elusiveness 2

I do like changing the two points for elusiveness around. What I find happens is that the ties either take a focus or an evade and during all the shooting the focus tokens get spent and Ten can use the jammer to stay alive in the end game. The squad excels when wedge and ten get going at the same time.

Anyway happy hunting
Picasso

#2 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

I would drop elusiveness and sensor jammer, exchange for marksmenship and advanced sensors. 

• jasonkw likes this

#3 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

If I was going up against any list as a possibility I would. But I'd try it against the ties first before you change stuff.
I will admit that elusiveness doesn't always fit and I'm looking for a better two points. The sensor jammer combined with the Autoblaster is punishing.

#4 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Sensor jammers don't work that well unless you have a blocker to prevent focus actions. Ties are going to be focusing anyways on the first pass and that will probably kill Ten if you are rolling average with evades. One of the most annoying lists I have played against was a 2 bwing HLC and SJ + ORS list that was used as a blocker. It didn't help that I had dutch either. 

#5 oneway

oneway

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Sounds like a fun list, I'll have to give it a try and see how it does. I like to use non standard tactics and use some of the cards people seem to think are useless. I also like to fill up a ship with upgrades too. Hope it keeps doing well for you.

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#6 yoink101

yoink101

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

I like it, but maybe switch ten to ibtisam. That way, the stress tokens you pick up will be useful

#7 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

I've run it with ibbie. It is a horse a piece.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS