Techmarine Tarantula Deployment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

I was playing Killteam last night and I love the fact that the Techmarine can deploy a tarantula and mow down legions of Xenos.  This was also a feature in Dawn of War.  I noticed that the Techmarine cannot do this in Deathwatch.  Come to think of it, I do not recall stats for the Tarantula ever being released.  This is pretty strange since that is such an iconic weapon.  Should Techmarines not have the ability to deploy Tarantulas?

#2 Jargal

Jargal

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

You can use Tarantula Sentry Gun from Dark Heresy "The Lathe Worlds" book, p.63.

#3 Brother Anselm

Brother Anselm

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Where would they be stored, twin heavy weapons, the support systems, the power source and ammo. They would take up a lot of space, how would a tech marine carry it all. He can't just have it appear at the press of a button.

• Green Knight likes this

#4 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

You wouldn't be able to carry them, but requisitioning one to be carried in a gunship or transport and set up at an evac point (especially if the transport will be left unmanned) is a nice idea. Having one magically 'teleport in' Kill-Team style seems a bit odd.

Since they can't move under their own power, the best equivalent for 'normal' use is a coterie of gun-servitors, which I think is available.

#5 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

There are stats for the Tarantula in one of the newer books. I don't remember exactly where though.

#6 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

This sounds awesome and I can't believe I never thought about it. I am definitely going to use this in my game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS