Morgul Vale Player Card Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

If someone would please spoil who the traitor is I would appreciate it. The suspense is killing me and I'm not so involved in the story that I feel I need to wait to get the adventure pack in person. PLEASE GIVE SPOILER WARNINGS so those who don't want spoilers get plenty of warning. It would probably be best to make a separate thread with spoiler in the title. Thank you!

#82 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

I tried a gondor deck of Boromir tactics, Denethor and Imrahil and never made it out of the 2nd round twice. Decks that start with a high threat are going to be hit pretty hard early.
I then tried a new deck i have been tinkering with Frodo, Merry, and Dunhere, i never thought it would have a chance , but it won 3 out of 4 times. Dunhere with either two daggers or spears makes short work of almost all the enemies in the staging area before they engage.
Really happy to dust off Dunhere, he's back.

Het Tracker you as usual try some new things? Yes Dunhere with all those new equipment will be very cool. But what you can tell about encounter deck?

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#83 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

SOME QUEST SPOILERS BELOW

All questing is done with Willpower no Battle or Siege.
There will be 5 threat already in staging are at start of the game.
You need to defeat a captain to advance to the next quest card and to eventually win the game. There are 3 captains.
1. Murzag already spoiled
2.This is the traitor so i Will spell his name backwards just in case someone does not want to know: noracla
engagement cost 10, threat 3, attack 4, def 3, HP 5
Forced: when he attacks place 1 token on To The Tower
forced: if he is dealt a shadow card without effect he attacks again deal another shadow card
3. Nazgul already spoiled
Transition to the 3rd quest card will reveal an encounter card.

Some cards attempt to place progress tokens on the To the Tower objective which is placed in the staging area at set up.
If 10 tokens are placed on this card you lose. Cards can also gain a boost by the number of progress on the cards.
White Bridge location (added at 3rd quest card) will get threat and quest point increase due to this progress on the objective

Most treachery cards place progress. The only one that deals damage to characters is Masters Malice.

There are plenty of attack boosting shadow effects. Some return enemy to staging area, and one will have enemy attack next player, which in solo is usually not good.

Overall there are 17 enemy, 6 location, and 14 treachery in encounter deck.

Doomed keyword is pretty common, and a few surge cards, which are not so bad.

I think the scenario will need a specific type of deck and it will probably not be easy. It's a tough quest, but doable with the card pool we have.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#84 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Got the quest in today and tried it 3 times losing each time.  It definitely is a challenging scenario but I think a powerhouse deck would be able to handle it even though i was unsuccessful each time with my more thematic offerings.  First time I used a Gondor deck with Boromir (leadership), Beregond, and Sam and just got trounced.  The next two times I used a deck of Bard, Glorfindel (spirit), and Dunhere which was designed to slaughter enemies in the staging area.  The first time i used it, i got quite far...to the last stage with 2 points of damage to the nazugl, but succumed to too many enemies and not enough defense.  Second time only made it to stage 2 before my lack of defense ended my game.  (side note: the deck i used itself was a lot of fun and would probably be very succesful vs a normal scenario)

As for the scenario itself, most of the enemies are strong, there are some brutual treacheries, and nearly every shadow effect increases the enemy's damage output so be prepared with a burning brand or some extra points of DEF.

As for the narrative, it has a decent enough if not unsurprising conclusion and hints ever so vaguely at the setting of the next cycle (even though we already know what it is).  What I was surprised is that there was a whole extra sheet of narrative including some prequel material aka story set before the events of the HoN box which was really cool and detailed.

Hope everyone enjoys the quest

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#85 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

That sounds pretty cool Pharmboys. I'll be getting this pack in about a month but what does it say more or less about the next cycle? Or is it a spoiler?

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#86 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Not much at all, sorry to lead you on.MILD SPOILER WARNING More or less says that the group of heroes head towards the gap of Rohan after celebrating in Mina's Tirith

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#87 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

Team Covenant have a new video up on Youtube with Caleb and Matt Newman talking about the Morgul Vale player cards, go check it out!

• Gizlivadi likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS