Morgul Vale Player Card Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Hastur360

Hastur360

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

Theoden; 2W/3A/2D/4H Tactics Hero Rohan, Noble, Warrior. Sentinel. Each hero with a printed Tactics resource icon gets +1 Willpower.

Pelargir Ship Captain; 2 Cost 1W/1A/0D/2H Leadership Ally Gondor. Response: After Pelargir Ship Captain enters play, move 1 resource from the resource pool of a hero you control to another hero's resource pool.

Visionary Leadership; 2 cost Unique Leadership Attachment. Skill. Attach to a Gondor hero. While attached hero has at least 1 resource in its resource pool, Gondor characters get +1 Willpower.

Spear of the Mark; 1 cost Tactics Attachment. Item. Weapon. Attach to a Rohan character. Restricted. Attached character gets +1A. (+2A instead if attacking an enemy in the staging area.)

Forth Eorlingas!; 2 cost Tactics Event. Combat Action: Each Rohan hero can be declared as an attacker against enemies in the staging area this phase.

Steed of the Mark; 1 cost Spirit Attachment. Mount. Attach to a Gondor or Rohan hero. Response: After attached hero commits to a quest, spend 1 resource from attached hero's resource pool to ready attached hero.

Lay of Nimrodel; 1 cost Spirit Event. Song. Action: Choose a Spirit hero. Until the end of the phase, that hero gets +1 Willpower for each resource in its resource pool.

Ered Nimrais Prospector; 2 cost 1W/0A/1D/2H Lore Ally. Dwarf. Response: After Ered Nimrais Prospector enters play, discard the top 3 cards of your deck. Then, choose and shuffle 1 card from your discard pile back into your deck.

Scroll of Isildur; 4 cost Unique Lore attachment. Record. Attach to a Lore hero. Reduce the cost to play Scroll of Isildur by 1 for each hero you control with a printed Lore resource icon. Action: Discard Scroll of Isildur to play any Lore event card in your discard pile as it it were in your hand. Then, place that event on the bottom of your deck.

Hidden Cache; 0 Cost non-sphere Event. Response: After Hidden Cache is discarded from your deck, add 2 resources to the resource pool of a hero you control. Action: Spend 1 resource to draw 1 card.

• The_Big_Show and Narsil0420 like this

#2 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

Thanks for posting!

Very, very nice overall. Gondor got "only" that one boost card but it is a good one. And the Leadership ally is okay, if a bit repetitive in its function (similar to Errand-rider and Envoy of Pelargir).

When the Black Riders came out, I was happy to have Dagger of Westernesse for Dúnhere, now he gets his proper weapon, it is very similar but more thematic (and even better in most of the cases with Dúnhere).

I think we have the "cavalry" mechanics you were mentioning, Rich, here with "Forth Éorlingas". I mean their take on it...

I do not understand the Dwarf ally. First I would half expected such an effect with Spirit (where Emery utterly shines) but with Lore? I am probably missing a combo here, but the effect seems quite bad (but the stats are solid, if not on par with Hammersmith).

Then comes the Cache, it is meant to combo with the above, I see. It seems rather situational but it is nice to have an event that can be used in one of two ways - first of the kind, I believe.

#3 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

ps: Pelargir Ship Captain can basically replace Guard of the Citadel (I've used to run him up till now for the lack of Gondor Leadership allies), he is the same with the response (he lacks the Warrior trait, not that it matters for now, hopefully soon).

#4 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

Okay, one more from me, sorry, the initial excitement is usually too great to resist.

I am thinking about the Ered Nimrais Prospector. He could of course go rather nicely with the Hidden Cache and Gildor Inglorion, but it is hard to set up. A good thing about the response (which you of course need not trigger) is that it shuffles the deck; this is becoming increasingly important in my mono-Lore decks, and it will be great for Scroll of Isildur - which puts the event onto the bottom of the deck. If you have a really strong card draw engine, this can be nice; though you still "lose" the two cards for the effect of the Prospector.

#5 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

Ah ... I had predicted on another topic the Forth Eorlingas event but it does not have exactly the same action as I thought

I'm very happy with the cards

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#6 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

i am very happy we are still seeing dwarves- thank you ffg for keeping them coming :)

looks a great pack, is there any art spoilers anywhere?

rich

Edited by richsabre, 13 November 2013 - 05:07 AM.

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#7 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Well, from what we have from Voice of Isenguard also

Now Dunhere will be able to attack with the spear in the staging area with 4 ATT , and ready with the horse if he kills something to make a second attack with 3 ATT against an enemy engaged with you , and Eomer also who can attack with 4 using the spear, 6 if another character leaves play and ready again with the horse ... suddenly Rohan seem very deadly

Lord of all Noldor

#8 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

No, Dúnhere with the Spear attacks for 5; and for 7 with two copies!

#9 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

Does the Tactics event 'Forth Eorlingas!' allow Rohan characters to combine to attack? I would expect not, which is a shame, but entirely understandable.

Very nice cards overall. I am enjoying the development of different strategies at the moment, with lots of cards allowing for manipulation of encounter draws and how combat works.

#10 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

As it is written, it only works for heroes. Which really makes it limited in use, but still potentially good.

Edited by Ana, 13 November 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#11 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

That Spirit Tactics Rohan deck is looking pretty good. I'll be glad to dust off my old SoM Rohan cards to make an incredible new deck!

Also, as always, i'll be really glad to see images of the cards to see the art.

Edited by Gizlivadi, 13 November 2013 - 07:33 AM.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#12 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

The tactics cards in this pack look ace!
Specially the power of forth eorlingas in a multiplayer game with several Rohan heroes around the board seems deadly.

Lay of nimrodel is the first song card that's an event I think. Feels more proper so.
And a nice card it is in a combo with parting gifts from another player with SoG and lots of tokens to spend for a massive quest push. (Yes I only play multiplayer, so my combo set-up thinking usually starts like this)

Then hidden cache....I am so exited what kind of combos people will come up with here, as it is neutral and can be played in any deck. I must say, because it is so multi purpose, I expect some great feats with it!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#13 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

Argh, I mistyped! :)

I meant, can multiple heroes attack the same character at the same time? However it works, it's a mighty exciting card, coupled with the spear! Would a ranger/Rohan deck work well now?

#14 Scroll Lock

Scroll Lock

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yes it would ;)

I am very grateful for Spear of the Mark since Dúnhere is my favourite hero and attacking staging area/direct damage is my favourite strategy.

I hope these tactics cards are just introduction of this technique and it will be developed in "The Ring-maker".

#15 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hidden Cache + Zigil Miner + Imladris Stargazer = POWERHOUSE

Line up 2 of them with the Stargazer, call them and dig them out with the Miner, then rake in 6 resources (and in Spirit sphere, too).

P.S. Use the prospector as part of an outlands deck where you can can use Men of the West to grab up swaths of your discarded allies at a time.  It's a great form of card draw as long as you can pull from your discard pile. 

#16 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Nothing blowing my mind here but it is cool to be able to use Dunhere now. I was hoping for more Gondor stuff but Visionary Leadership is good. Now I really want to make a Rohan/Gondor two-player deck strategy.

#17 Tutankarrer

Tutankarrer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

I suppose Hidden Chace works even with "King under the mountain". Am I wrong?

EDIT: and with "A very good tale"

Edited by Tutankarrer, 13 November 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#18 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Horseback Archer + Spear of the Mark (x2) + Hands Upon The Bow

Instant attack on an enemy in the staging area for 7 attack power!

#19 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

In spain it will be released friday. I dont believe it. None spoilers, rare.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#20 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

wow, indeed ... I tend to believe that Rohan will become what they should be , a very strong trait that can kill enemies charging with no fear

after all

"Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spears shall be shaken, Shields shall be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor! Death! Death! Death! Forth Eorlingas"

who gives a #&$@ about outlands  :P  :lol:    (kidding a bit)

Lord of all Noldor

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS