What if you could change a number of upgrade cards in a tournament?
You would still have to keep your ships the same and the total squad point value the same.
There would be a restriction on the number of upgrade cards you could change, maybe up to 10pts. You could not exceed the normal 100pt squad point limit.
This would allow you to tweek ur list against certain squads you were facing.
Your reserve cards would be pre-selected and recorded, so you would have to decided what these were before the start of the tournament.
What cards could you use in reserve?
- Missiles, bombs and mines
- Cannon and turret weapons
- Elite Pilot Talents
- Modification cards like shield upgrade, stealth device etc
- System upgrades
What this might mean for squad building.
- you would be able to choose reserve cards that help your squad defeat problem matchups.
- cards which just missed the cut making your squad could be included in your reserve card pool.
- squad building might include deeper strategy.
When would reserve card changes be made?
- Card changes would be made simultaneously before asteroid/ship placement and then both players would reveal at the same time. You would make any upgrade changes with the knowledge of what ships your were facing. Allow a 2min time limit to make changes.
Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 09 November 2013 - 07:13 PM.