Dragon scales in the City

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

During our anniversary gaming sesh, we had a debate about placing dragon scales on the City board.
If all the street spaces have scales, or you are on a shop space, can they be put on these spaces.
The argument is that you may not be able to encounter the shops if place cards are on these spaces even though I pointed out you can't encounter the shops if you draw dragon cards.

Also, if a rule or event causes cards to be removed from the board, does this also apply to other event cards.
An event was drawn in the Dragon Tower and the Dragon rulebook states that all cards and scales in the Tower at the end of a turn are discarded.

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

During our anniversary gaming sesh, we had a debate about placing dragon scales on the City board.
If all the street spaces have scales, or you are on a shop space, can they be put on these spaces.
The argument is that you may not be able to encounter the shops if place cards are on these spaces even though I pointed out you can't encounter the shops if you draw dragon cards.

The scales may be placed on the shops like you said. If you encounter the Dragon Scale, you won't encounter the shop in any case; if you choose to encounter the space (not possible if the scale matches the current Dragon King) you will first encounter any faceup cards on the space, then the space (= the shop).

This is the standard rule about encountering non-draw card spaces!

Also, if a rule or event causes cards to be removed from the board, does this also apply to other event cards.
An event was drawn in the Dragon Tower and the Dragon rulebook states that all cards and scales in the Tower at the end of a turn are discarded.

Not sure to understand what's your question here. Events as well as any other card won't remain faceup inside the Dragon Tower. They're always discarded at the end of the turn. What do you mean with "apply to other event cards"? What's the meaning of "other"?

#3 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Thanks for the answers.
What I meant about other event cards is cards that last longer than one character's turn (like the Blizzard) and these remain on the board until the required number of turns/rounds have been fulfilled. A card like this was drawn in the Dragon Tower and we were unsure what to do with this at the end of the turn.

#4 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

Thanks for the answers.
What I meant about other event cards is cards that last longer than one character's turn (like the Blizzard) and these remain on the board until the required number of turns/rounds have been fulfilled. A card like this was drawn in the Dragon Tower and we were unsure what to do with this at the end of the turn.

Ok, I got it now. The Blizzard has to stay on the board for two turns. If drawn on the Dragon Tower, it gets discarded and has no effect, actually.

Edited by The_Warlock, 10 November 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#5 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Thanks for the answers.

Ok, I got it now. The Blizzard has to stay on the board for two turns. If drawn on the Dragon Tower, it gets discarded and has no effect, actually.

But what if during one of the two rounds, the Fire Storm card is drawn in the same region as the Blizzard, or if Varthrax is the Dragon King? It's instructions does say to "discard all cards in this Region". And that if "Varthrax is the Dragon King, this Event affects every Region".

Edited by The Hunter, 14 November 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#6 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the answers.

But what if during one of the two rounds, the Fire Storm card is drawn in the same region as the Blizzard, or if Varthrax is the Dragon King? It's instructions does say to "discard all cards in this Region". And that if "Varthrax is the Dragon King, this Event affects every Region".

Events that last many rounds are left on the space where they are drawn until they expire. If all cards in the Region are discarded, they get discarded as well. They are Adventure cards, BTW they count as faceup cards on the space.

This was not explicit in the basic rulebook, but it's clearly written in the current FAQ, page 1.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS