Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#3 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

I have a feeling that slower attachment decks will suffer with the timing mechanic.
"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#4 Nosilloc

Nosilloc

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have a feeling that slower attachment decks will suffer with the timing mechanic.

What's that?

Haven't seen Theoden until now, really looking forward to him. Might sub out Eomer for Baromir though.

#5 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Wrote about it on the voice of isengard topic ... Love the rohan horse

Bah, the horse is restricted. Would have been happier with a 1 per hero limit, since it seems foolish that you can have two of the same mount attached, but cant have two daggers while riding the horse. Or a shield, dagger and horse. Not sure why that would be a problem. Restricted is getting tough to work with. I am fine with it for the most part, but a horse! Really? Just seems to be one more way to shaft the tactics sphere.

The rohan tactics ally seems pretty cool, I think his best use will be engaging an enemy before quest resolution. Which will really help a mono tactics deck, but it will be limited to only a few times per game unless you get a spirit hero an get him back with stand and fight.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#6 Nosilloc

Nosilloc

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Bah, the horse is restricted. Would have been happier with a 1 per hero limit, since it seems foolish that you can have two of the same mount attached, but cant have two daggers while riding the horse. Or a shield, dagger and horse. Not sure why that would be a problem. Restricted is getting tough to work with. I am fine with it for the most part, but a horse! Really? Just seems to be one more way to shaft the tactics sphere.

I heard somewhere when using two of the same restricted item like a bow or armor to think of it as just having a better version.

#7 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

just really depends on how you see it i guess. i see it as two of them, but i agree, it could be an upgraded version

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#8 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Wrote about it on the voice of isengard topic ... Love the rohan horse

The rohan tactics ally seems pretty cool, I think his best use will be engaging an enemy before quest resolution. Which will really help a mono tactics deck, but it will be limited to only a few times per game unless you get a spirit hero an get him back with stand and fight.

For me is ok. I think we have already powerful stuff for players. Restricted was good idea from begin. Then they start to use limit one per hero and so on…….. 

Actually tactic looks more cool now. Hama Theodred  Eomer deck looks solid for me.  Eowyn will back again to shine in some Rohan decks.

But doom players cards  will be very powerful against  most of the old quests make it so easy. NM will be more then welcome.

I love new cycle but looks like it will change game a lot. It can be bad or good…….

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#9 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

In article said you can attach warhorse to Legolas...
but is not possible since Legolas is not Rohan. As usual mistakes on mistakes....

#10 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

In article said you can attach warhorse to Legolas...
but is not possible since Legolas is not Rohan. As usual mistakes on mistakes....

The mount attaches to Rohan or tactics.  So yes, you can play it on Legolas.

#11 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

As usual mistakes on mistakes....

check yo-self before you wreck yo-self!

#12 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

Ups my bad. I read it as a rohan hero....

#13 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

I like the war horse, that looks very useful. Doesn't say printed traits, so you could use Song of Battle or Nor am i a stranger to play it on any hero.

#14 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

That Eomer/Pippin/Imrahil combo they mentioned seems really cool! Get the use out of all three in a matter of seconds. Amazing. So excited for this expansion!

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#15 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'm glad the horse has some versatility allowing it to be attached in multiple ways, instead of just being limited to a trait. I hope this "Trait and Sphere" trend continues. I'm getting tired of seeing dwarf only cards for example.

#16 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm glad the horse has some versatility allowing it to be attached in multiple ways, instead of just being limited to a trait. I hope this "Trait and Sphere" trend continues. I'm getting tired of seeing dwarf only cards for example.

I've come to the conclusion that if they want to have a decent support for traits but speacially for spheres, I think this is the way to go, allowing cards to be attached by trait AND spehre, making lots of cycles like this will give the game a lot more balance.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#17 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

I find the new Tactics ally very useful. Of course you only get to use him once (unless you recycle somehow) but it is a pretty powerful effect. And each powerful ability which comes as a bonus to a decent character is great. The cost of 2 is also good. As for the ability, I especially like the choice between pulling an enemy from the staging area to reduce threat, and after enemy attack to have it sit harmless, engaged. And you do not even need any Rohan synergies for it, the Éomer or Imrahil combo is neat, but it is certainly not required - I've got a Leadership deck with Imrahil, and he needs no more allies leaving play, one a round is enough. Éomer of course likes it well to have a benign enemy to strike with his 5 attack...

#18 ClydeCloggie

ClydeCloggie

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

I find the new Tactics ally very useful. Of course you only get to use him once (unless you recycle somehow) but it is a pretty powerful effect. And each powerful ability which comes as a bonus to a decent character is great. The cost of 2 is also good. As for the ability, I especially like the choice between pulling an enemy from the staging area to reduce threat, and after enemy attack to have it sit harmless, engaged. And you do not even need any Rohan synergies for it, the Éomer or Imrahil combo is neat, but it is certainly not required - I've got a Leadership deck with Imrahil, and he needs no more allies leaving play, one a round is enough. Éomer of course likes it well to have a benign enemy to strike with his 5 attack...

He can even attack an enemy first and then discard himself to pull another enemy in; that's great use out of a single 2-cost ally.

#19 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

Exactly. His stats are the same as Veteran Axehand, so the ability (a very useful one) is a bonus to decent stats. Of course the synergies make the Dwarf look a bit less ridiculous but still... thinking about that, I think Rohan might be more about individual good cards than synergies - I mean, I do not expect to see all-round stat boosters, save the likes of events. I think the fact that Théoden doesn't boost Rohan characters would prove that. Then again, we might surely see a different (likely Leadership) version of him in the future that will be quite different.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS