Matt Ward steps down as GW codex writer

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

I hated the Newcrons at first, but after some experience I rather like them.

#22 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

I just want to chime in on the topic there and say that I think Newcrons, AKA "Tomb Kings in Spess", is the worst thing since the reversible lederhosen.

As far as I'm concerned, Matt Ward hasn't written a single line of fluff - or as I prefer to think of it, Ultramarines fan-fiction - that isn't implicitly or explicitly terrible.

I just want to chime in and say that your white-hot hatred of anything written by Matt Ward just tickles me pink. Shine on.

Constructive.

Letting the people in your community know how much you appreciate them is a constructive thing to do. That's why we have the Like This button on every post. 

*Nameless2all likes this*

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#23 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

:D

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#24 nultaar

nultaar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

Ward also wrote about the incorruptible Grey knights having even more incorruptible incorruptible members and the whole Grey Knights killing sisters of battle to make blood paint of protection out of their blood.

#25 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

Ward also wrote about the incorruptible Grey knights having even more incorruptible incorruptible members and the whole Grey Knights killing sisters of battle to make blood paint of protection out of their blood.

Now, conviction that you're incorruptible is pride (be it true or not) and pride is how chaos made it's way into the heart of Horus.

And I could so see why a tainted GK would get the idea of annointing his fellows in the blood of the Sisters of Battle.

#26 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think the "corruption" is meant in two different senses here. IIRC the story in the Codex has magic warp-blood that corrupt people when it touches them, that the Knights had to protect themselves from. Not corruption in the sense of being seduced away by demonic wiles.

#27 CaptainStabby

CaptainStabby

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

The Draigo fluff is the best. It's not even a character background, it's just a list of the things the guy has punched. That entire GK dex is some clownpants nonsense.

Edited by CaptainStabby, 02 December 2013 - 05:55 PM.

• Brother Orpheo likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS