• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spr5858

spr5858

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hi guys

Played a first game of Netrunner last night neither of us had played before so I was trying to create a good impression.  But I guess it was a bit of a learning curve. So the game ran slow and confused.  Myself started to enjoy the game because I just love the theme. And I know by reading reviews and posts on this forum that this has to be a pretty amazing game. And I have invested a lot into it including the other two Android games and will continue to buy further games and expansions.  What would be handy is finding an experienced player in my area. So if anyone reading this is from Kent in the UK please get in touch.  Also anyone wanting to give advice please let me know.   :unsure:

Hey! I know where we are, we're in that place where we did not where we was before.

#2 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

If you're looking for UK players, join the UK Netrunner Players Facebook group. There's almost 400 members, with posts about tournaments cropping up regularly. You'll find rules discussion, news discussion, deck lists, all sorts of great stuff on the page just by scrolling down and getting involved!:

https://www.facebook...69547203077958/

Also, check out the FFG Youtube tutorial to learn how to play a little better. There's also Team Covenant videos where they show tournament games being played, while providing commentary to explain the tactics and just what is going on.

Main advice:

As a runner, run fast, run often, run early. Don't worry too much about a corp rezzing ICE you do not have a breaker for. You have no idea if they can afford to rez it, and if they do, they may not be able to afford rezzing ICE on another server. For example, run on a remote server to force the Corp to protect the card there, then with their funds drained early game, run on R&D/HQ!

As the Corporation, remember that bluffing is your key to success. Want to play mind games? keep well protected traps that you advance regularly to lure the Runner into making a desperate run. Balance where you install your ICE, try and strategise in a way that you don't stack barriers on top of barriers because if the runner only has a barrier breaker out on the field, you haven't stalled them in any way.

ADONIS CAMPAIGN is one of my favourite cards as a Haas Bioroid player as I can protect it behind a piece of ice and use the credits from Adonis to then build up that particular ICE server more. Once Adonis has been fully used up or trashed, simply use that ICE wall for a trap or well protected Agenda.

Edited by Internutt, 08 November 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#3 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hi guys

Played a first game of Netrunner last night neither of us had played before so I was trying to create a good impression.  But I guess it was a bit of a learning curve. So the game ran slow and confused.  Myself started to enjoy the game because I just love the theme. And I know by reading reviews and posts on this forum that this has to be a pretty amazing game. And I have invested a lot into it including the other two Android games and will continue to buy further games and expansions.  What would be handy is finding an experienced player in my area. So if anyone reading this is from Kent in the UK please get in touch.  Also anyone wanting to give advice please let me know.   :unsure:

What where some the issues you ran into?  Do you have any questions?

#4 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'd say with a topic like "First Game Not So Good Need Help," that rather than strategy questions, there may have been more basic gameplay confusions. Unfortunately we don't have much to go on--we can help you if you can provide us with specifics...

#5 Kazumac

Kazumac

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yeah it can be slow and confusing if both players are new. Hang in there! The rules are daunting. I've taught a few people the game and it does take a while for the rules to click. If you can describe what happened in the game we may be able to offer a suggestion.

Without knowing the details of your game, typically I see beginner games go like this. The runner doesn't run much and gains money and installs cards. The corp puts out a bunch of ice and gains money. After a few turns the runner sees the fortress of face down cards and despite having money, is too daunted to do anything. Then it becomes slow and confusing on what to do.

This leads to a very unexciting game. Take internutt's advice and run early and often... And even blindly into ice to see what it is. It'll be a lot more fun and exciting game and you'll start to figure out based on trial and error when you should be running.

With that, run with 4-5 cards in hand and with a click or two left in your turn. It makes the failed runs significantly safer.
  • Internutt and Hank McCoy like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS