maegi crone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 orion_kurnous

orion_kurnous

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

I If i have in dom 1 forever burning, can i use in her several times to draw several cards? i explain, one forever 1-1 = 0, i draw, second forever 0-1=-1=0, draw second, and continue...

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

Each time a Forever Burning resolves successfully, a STR penalty is applied to a character. If that character's STR is 0, it's a valid trigger for Maegi Crone. So yes, you can do that.

#3 orion_kurnous

orion_kurnous

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

I referred if i can do that in the same character, because i believe a penalty of str -1 when you count its str 0 and you can trigger crone.

#4 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Yes, you can do it even on the same character. The penalty has been applied successfully and the character's strength is 0.

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's one of those situations where the game mechanics and an "intuitive" reading of text seems different.

Because a character's effective STR can never be below 0, "after a character's STR is reduced to 0..." continues to be true when new STR modifiers are applied that take the calculated STR below 0.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS