Morgul Vale Shipping

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

I expect people in the States have this early next week. We know the hero, a Leadership attachment, a Spirit attachment, a Lore attachment, but there are still probably six more cards to be spoilt. I am hoping for at least two allies, and especially some Gondor synergy.

#2 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

This morning I checked it had a release date of 14th November

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#3 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

It is funny but most people on forum care a lot about players cards in AP. But for me is most important is encounter and quest deck. If quest is not good doesn't really matter how good a player cards since game is boring.
That fact is really wondering me.... only me and maybe another couple of players have this kind of vision...
  • spalanzani likes this

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#4 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

It is funny but most people on forum care a lot about players cards in AP. But for me is most important is encounter and quest deck. If quest is not good doesn't really matter how good a player cards since game is boring.
That fact is really wondering me.... only me and maybe another couple of players have this kind of vision...

I'm the same! Sure, I won't turn down a good player card or two, but I'm far more interested in the quest. For me, the APs are like full game expansions rather than the more traditional card game boosters, and I love seeing the new stuff we're given to overcome each month  :)

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#5 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yet you point this out just about every time. Maybe it would be easier to accept not everyone is the same, there is nothing funny about it actually, it is natural. The fact you are in a minority makes you neither better nor worse.

For me, since I really like the quests in this cycle, much more than the previous, I am also really looking forward to have a new quest. But I do not see any point knowing the encounter cards before having them. Whilst knowing the player cards allows me to look for new strategies in deck-building.

Edited by Ana, 07 November 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#6 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

For me, since I really like the quests in this cycle, much more than the previous, I am also really looking forward to have a new quest. But I do not see any point knowing the encounter cards before having them. Whilst knowing the player cards allows me to look for new strategies in deck-building.

i do similar. the initial excitement is the new possible synergies, then when i get the pack i enjoy looking at the new art

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#7 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

I usually look for player cards first.

Both are important, but a quest is self-contained.  I will not usually play a quest multiple times in a row just for fun (I'll cycle around and get back to it later), and player cards are generally useable in any quest, so I'm more interested in the deck-building options provided by the player cards.  Ultimately, though, the quest needs to be good because there really aren't enough of them to support many throw-aways.  Each weak quest entry hurts the game more than a weak player card set.

The way I see it, the more player cards we have, the more options and the more variety we will see in the gameplay.  Each new set opens up new possibilities for playing any quest.

#8 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

there has been quite a lot of news previews on ffgs home page so hopefully we shall see one for lotr in the next day or so

Edited by richsabre, 07 November 2013 - 04:10 PM.

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS